Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

exquisite tea posted:

Flame wars are the ultimate turn-based combat system, when you think about it.

phoenix down vote this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I knew Undertale was brilliant when it kept track of which characters I petted in FE Fates

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the game does sound gross as you describe it but i find your use of tiddy even grosser

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Really Pants posted:

at least say "bewbies" like an adult

its spelled bebe's, as in "bebe's kids"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

memes are a dark power not to be wielded by novices

i accidentally wrote tiddy in my magical circle and summoned Shub-Niggurath please help

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
irony is the only way i can get through the day and also avoid spelling the word breasts

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't believe Persona 4 is the only video game to ever get the complete EGOT.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

corn in the bible posted:

Well, neither Persona 4 nor 5 will be winning a GLAAD

There is a follow up here I could make with GLaDOS, like being the host of the awards or something, to keep it up with being video game related, but I am having a real hard time getting it to fit together.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Terper posted:

As someone who does not know who that is, I will add to her positive aspects in that she has a cute name that I am jealous of.

You have a cute name too, Dr. Murder

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Which one ends with "All These Things That I've Done" because that is the worse Souls game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

tales of indiana jones....finally, a real video game

he won't stop buying out all the anti venom in the shops

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Cold Steel 2's Duvalie is the greatest gay representation in video games.

e: the second is me, the gamer grrlesbian

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 9, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I relate to her a lot because I am a cute lesbian who is very easy to bully.

I hope she is a party member in Cold Steel 4, please its all I need out of life.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My skin is falling apart and my eyes are glowing because I stole my dad's credit card - A Mass Effect 2 fanfic

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's exactly how Alpha Protocol worked.

I love that the system is basically just choosing three different flavors of being an rear end in a top hat. No matter what choices you pick, you at the end of the day know that Thorton is a manipulative dick. Thorton can be a lot of things, but you still get like, some sort of sense of him as a person that most other conversational systems just lack.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 21, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If I don't receive a headpat every 24 hours, I will die.

Please watch the new movie based on my true life story, Headpat or DeadPat (the title works because in the movie they changed my name to Patricia)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is a spectrum of gestures one would make towards another's head to show affection and I don't see what is so unbelievable about a head pat compared to like, someone just scuffing up another's hair. You see the later like, all the time, and not just with kids.

e: the headpat stuff in cold steel is pretty silly though

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 8, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I want several, in quick succession.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The messing with clothes example I would have went with is when you see like a dude messing with like the drawstrings on a hoodie someone is wearing.
In my time on earth I have seen this more than you would expect, and it never ends with the dude being slap to my disappointment.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't believe there are people who don't have the "you should message me if" section on okc as a place to put down "if you want to give me a headpat"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Agean90 posted:

i kinda wanna see a game with a bland as hell jrpg protag but it turns out its a cover for them being a serial killer or some poo poo

*in slime talk*
In our culture, they are serial killers.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh, Duvalie's new outfit looks good there

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I mean, this is always true but that outfit looks pretty cool. I like the green ribbon.

One day... I will cosplay as Duvalie because she is the greatest.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

dmboogie posted:

The Jenis Royal Academy invasion sidequest is one of the best in the game but it's really the only thing of worth in the entire chapter, yeah. The other two quests are fine but feel like they belonged elsewhere in the game, and the main plot thread was busywork at best

This is a late reply, but the wedding is also in that chapter and is pretty great. Honestly probably one of my favorite bits in the game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

dmboogie posted:

poo poo, was there an actual scene for this? I remember checking out the church and seeing the bride and groom getting ready for the wedding, this is kind of a silly thing to spoiler but w/e but there was just, like, the standard amount of NPC chatter.

I think it only activates once you actually turn in the completed quest for that town if I remember right? I remember thinking I messed something up and completely missed it but I did that and it played.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Olivier is the best character in the Trails series and that's not a hot or even lukewarm take (Estelle is up there tho)

*screaming, at the top of my lungs*
ITS DUVALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I want a persona where you are the teachers and you have to navigate school politics and the music teacher is holding your theater production hostage because she is the only one who can play the piano but keeps wanting to change things in your production and then you complain about this to your students and 5 years in the future they use it as material for a bad joke on something awful dot com

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 20, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Colonel posted:

this would be funnier than any joke in persona 4

The music teacher had connections with the school board so the english/drama teacher was slowly pushed out of the school, way more tragic than anything in persona if you ask me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

this sounds like a yuri manga i read once but i cant remember the name so

The actual yuri in my high school days was the girl who would walk up to me and just randomly poke my nipples while we were walking through the hallway but at the time it didn't seem like yuri because I hadn't transitioned yet and she hadn't came out as a lesbian.

I would totally read a teacher "school politics" yuri manga tho.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 20, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Baby if you can't handle me at my prolygamy you don't deserve me at my pro game-ye

-notice, this poster is making a joke and has never played xenoblade 2, she does not know if its a pro game-ye

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Persona is a series where people have a much cooler game in their head than the like actual game. Like I used to project some stuff onto it when I was like, in my early in like, oh im queer stuff, and like had half formed memories of the game. But then its something I went back to and was like YIKES.

I am speaking of 4.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Phantasium posted:

it just makes me think of the people that mute the music in games and just play something else over it (excepting stuff like multiplayer games you play over and over where it would get old at some point).

hey... i mute music to listen to podcasts sometime... what the

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Taear posted:

You don't tend to get it in things outside of anime. Reams and reams of inside the characters head going over every different decision they've made.
You see it in books but not in TV unless it's anime.

ahh veronica mars

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*inner monologue of Taear*

Little did I known something was about to happen that would shatter my world view. I was in a video rental store on main-street, one of the last of their kind, when I found my self looking at a genre of films I never heard of before. I picked up a box and whisper to myself, "Film noir, huh?" It was then I heard the click clack of heels behind me. I spun around my trigger finger itchy. The dame had legs that went all the way down to the floor, she lean over and whispered in my ear, "they all talk in their head in these."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Taear posted:

A film noir narration (or any narration) is absolutely not the same and doesn't work the same way as going to the heads of many characters and hearing their internal monologue.
But whatever, sure.

there are multiple movies with multiple internal monologues and you seem to be implying that narration can't be internal monologue... which it can lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
kratos in the gut of some god or something or doing a thing with a sword "hmm i wonder what i will have for dinner"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Taear posted:

I have, yes.

Double Indemnity is a pretty sexy film, huh.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i like the second birdy the mighty op where it goes SAY GOODBYE oh wait we are suppose to do joke answers uhh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFw7djyELc

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

i wish this video game had a face so i could punch it

Finally, a game for every tween and teen who leaves a comments on music videos from before the 90's complaining about how their classmates have poo poo taste and that this is REAL MUSIC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
GOD BLESS THE PRETENDERS THIS WAS WHEN MUSIC MEANT SOMETHING AND WASN'T ABOUT THE JOINTS OR WHATEVER POST MARLONE IS SMOKING :P