Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

NEO Scavenger
Darkest Dungeon
Tales of Maj Eyal

Looking to scratch my Roguelike/Mystery Dungeon itch. I have Dungeons of Dredmor but I dunno, something about it doesn't click very well with me. I have these three in my Wish List, but they all look a bit different than the standard Roguelike and very little like a Mystery Dungeon game.

Suggestions? Turn based probably works best but I'm open to anything.

Darkest Dungeon looks really neat but I dunno how side scrolling works in this genre.

Check out One Way Heroics on Steam, it's mystery dungeon-styled with a twist where the world automatically scrolls like in old platformers. It's really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Play LISA instead

wrt anything

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 6, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

HGH posted:

I've actually gone back on my previous opinions because I've seen nothing but unanimous praise for OQ's gameplay, even by mainstream sites and fans. The main issue seems to be is the rest of the package (bad graphics/dumb plot/tedious VN events/etc).
It seems to have the FF13 issue of waiting 8 hours before actually really starting the game. Which probably means avoid it till its 15$ on sale or something.

It'd be really nice if someone who actually played it could weigh in in-depth though.

Also I just want an excuse to post this face.

It's an Idea Factory game in every way, yeah. I do enjoy the battle system but it's true that they take their time introducing mechanics. I've probably played for something close to 8 hours and I still only have three of the characters to work with. I've been playing pretty slowly though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How do you make an idol jrpg without the idol sim aspect anyways...Compile Heart really dropped the ball there imo

The only part of idol life I want to sim is the part where they brutally destroy messed up alien freaks with microphone-battleaxes and microphone-sniper rifles.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

How are those games

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Captain Q posted:

What game even is this

One of the pc98 Farland Story games. Most of them have English patches

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

In

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

al-azad posted:

Legend of Mana is flawless :colbert:

:agreed:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Minus sucks

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Do FOEs give you XP at least? :shepface:

Yes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Space is empty and boring.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Renoistic posted:

I'm playing LISA right now and true to the advertising it's a pretty miserable experience. I'm at the second area now and helped out the Power Rangers knockoff. How far am I into the game?

Maybe approaching halfway depending on how much optional stuff you have done or will do.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Stash buddy tablets in your vault and wait for the daily campaign with the Duke right outside the starting castle to cycle around.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Post the gay list

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Im looking at this ps4 sao game and it says it comes out in november. Do you get the ps4 ver of the first one right now if you preorder it?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Cake Attack posted:

and trails sc

i'm ready

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Probably a little better if its not running at 10 fps like it originally did. A little.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

drat it is a good time to be a gamer

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Emil got bored and made a bunch of robots

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tae posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EDTPvzAKKE

poo poo's pretty crazy to me. You travel with all 7 party members outside of combat, then seamlessly switch into combat.

they've pushed the super plasticy anime look to a point where i'm kind of coming around on it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Disaster is silly as hell and it owns

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The audience that they cater to has proven that it's willing to pay a premium for what they sell. Why stop?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Game has cutscenes that aren't just visual novel segments which is enough to put it on the higher end of modern jrpg budgets

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

demon gaze is the best game in that list

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i was more focused on her spooky face but i like her clothes. the creepy doll people and the textures and the lighting all come together to give that game a weird diorama look that i'm kind of into

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ruggington posted:

ugh I haven't even touched Tits FC and I already feel the need to throw money at this

please play tits

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ZHP

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

tits never stops having a ton of dialog so if thats not your thing you should probably pass on it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You should play drakengard because it's a valuable experience. But you should also cheat with a code breaker disc or cheat engine or whatever because the grind to level up weapons is unreal and you can't just not do it because if you don't the game will fully kick your rear end.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Terper posted:

The gimmick of Nier Automata's story is that it will have a happy ending.

I'm not making a joke, that's what they said.

He said that and then the other guys being interviewed said his idea of a happy ending is hosed up

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I genuinely prefer playing drakengard 1 to 3

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

Well I already bought Nier, it'll arrive here sometime this week I hope along with Lightning Returns.

I was just curious because I always heard such praise for Nier while Drakengard sounded awful. But I was like "if Nier is part of this guy's universe, maybe I should learn more about it." And from what I've learned, it's a lot more interesting and ambitious than I initially believed. I mean I'm not really to worried if the gameplay is boring as long as it isn't broken and unplayable. I pretty much always play games for the story. If a game's plot or characters are good enough to me, I can forgive lovely gameplay.

I do recall in a TDI thread someone mentioned you need to do like a rhythm game to get the best ending or something? That's about all I'm worried about.

Or I might just use a Code Breaker as suggested. I own one.

it's totally playable, worse dynasty warriors clones have been released since, recently even. if you want to get to all the endings (and you do) you'll need a guide for how to get all the weapons because they get pretty obscure, and the majority can be picked up on your first attempt at a stage when you know about them in advance. or you can just use your code breaker to unlock them i guess. but yeah you'll really want to use the code to make weapons upgrade to max level after one kill because the alternative is doing hours of grinding in the first or second map for any weapon you want to use. and of course the better weapons require more kills.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The insane droning wall of noise Drakengard puts out in every stage somehow works really well with the monotony of the gameplay. The soundtrack is so amazing. The whole thing is such an experience. I'm really glad I played it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Every time someone says awakening is easy I feel really stupid because for me every single map is like pulling teeth :(

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm near the end of the game but I feel like I hosed up by a) trying to level everyone up evenly instead of picking a handful from the start and dropping the rest and b) waffling around with supports instead of pairing couples off immediately to rush them through support ranks and then leaving them paired together forever. Which is all my fault yeah but the other fire emblems I've played didn't punish me for playing that way as harshly as awakening has so I guess I thought it was ok.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Meanwhile xseed put out multiple psp games just last year

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What'd they do other than Trails SC?

Brandish

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

PS3 games probably sell better because people actually have PS3's in Japan. PS4's are losing out to laptops and Japanese studios figuring out PC ports.

nah, ps3 versions sell worse than ps4 versions most of the time, but vita versions usually beat the ps4 soooo http://gematsu.com/tag/media-create-sales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Don't think any Black/Matrix games ever came out in English. I guess that might not count as major but there were like 6 of them