Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

MotU posted:

Just quoting this and explaining a little bit why you don't want to do 100% Sidequests. Semi-nonspecific-spoilers for game mechanics on the last boss: The more sidequests you do, the stronger he becomes, up to bullshit levels.

If you do all the sidequests you have already beaten a couple more difficult fights. Personally I think it was brilliant that the last boss isn't some chump like in every other JRPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Industrial
May 31, 2001

I thought Jansen was going to be some short-term generic NPC at first, but my god he is the best character ever. We should all watch 45 minutes of him being amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x87gdo19HqI

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

RoF is something everyone should try now that it's pretty cheap. The gameplay is unique really fun until you figure out a few game-breakey things, and I really liked the slice of life narrative that has complete nonsense happening in the background.

also dress-up and guns with seven scopes, three stocks and ten clips.

I loved this game until I started to realize how repetitive it was. Like every mission is just the same exact same fight over and over again repeated 3, 4, or 5 times, even missions that explicitly say "go and kill this monster" as if there's only one of them. No, still 4 identical fights.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Tierkries in a nutshell: there's a fight near the end of the game where one of your characters specifically requests to come alone to get revenge on a certain boss enemy. If you actually honor his request prepare to be annoyed. Because of his elemental affiliation he cannot damage that enemy and is completely useless in the fight.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

hubris.height posted:

lmao

you know what, same.

I'm guessing Jansen from Lost Odyssey has done this at LEAST once.