Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choppable
Mar 18, 2004

I.W.W. ATTITUDE posted:

I really want to play an RPG (preferably jRPG) with a setting outside of the standard fantasy fare. Can anyone recommend some? I've already played all the FF's, Xenogears, Xenosaga 1, Shin Megami Tensei 2, Persona 2&3, Grandia, Front Mission 3, Snatcher (not really an RPG), KotOR 1&2, Fallout 2&3, Lost Odyssey, Deus Ex, Septerra Core, SaGa Frontier, Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star 2, and Star Ocean 2%3.

One of my first Final Fantasy memories is the opening of FFVI with the panorama of the Imperial City; that and FFVII's Midgar really left an impression on me. I think that those two cities were some of the coolest creations in video games, and it was a shame that the player didn't get to explore them more, imo. So I'm hoping someone can maybe point out a game that I've missed that has that kind of setting that you get to explore at some point. But speaking more broadly, have I missed any good higher-tech-than-feudal-setting RPG's?
Albion. Great RPG with a unique (for CRPGs at least) setting though much of it is actually low-tech. Not sure how easy it is to get it running on a modern computer but I'm gonna try some day, never finished it when I played it a few years ago for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choppable
Mar 18, 2004

Ross posted:

Cross-posting from the SSI Gold Box thread:

Did anyone play a Mac shareware RPG in the '90s named Realmz? It took me forever to remember the name. It played a lot like the SSI AD&D games and was a lot of fun. I was just googling around for it and it sounds like it was never updated to run on Mac OS X :(
Yeah I loved that game. Even got my dad to register it and a couple of scenarios for me. They were supposed to make a science fiction version too, not sure what happened to that. I think I played a demo at some point.