Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I'm about to start Nier on the 360 after hearing good things about it, anything I should be wary of going in? I seem to remember something about a fishing quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Thanks for the quick replies, I never knew boring quests could be so hated. Are they just extremely tedious?

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Is it worth it to play Trails in the Sky before Cold Steel?

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Awesome thanks

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Captain Flame Guy posted:

I tried out the Arise demo on PS5 but it didn't really sell me, it felt like the game was throwing a billion things at me at once.
Combat seems like it could be good but it was hard to tell when everything was dying so quickly, it didn't really feel like I was in control at all.

Playing the actual game from the start when you get introduced to everything piecemeal definitely helps with this. There's a big ramp up from having just one person with a few attacks to eventually having a whole group with many attacks/systems.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Crowetron posted:

the main problem with Arise is that you start finding fishing spots before you even fight the first boss but you don't unlock the fishing minigame until like 20 hours in

It's a horrible tease.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
YOU CAN'T STOP SUCKING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Soul Nomad and the World Eaters has a pretty wild dark path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Selane posted:

It rules but to be fair it’s not really a “path”, it’s more like one linear narrative that’s Good for a while and then goes Evil.

Good point, but drat did it leave an impression.