Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Aight, just making sure we don't go further without seeing Skies of Arcadia Originally for the dreamcast, theres another version for GCN out there, but if you're an rpg fan PICK THE gently caress UP OUT OF THIS GAME. loving sky pirates!? loving evil empire!? Awesome, engaging characters than you give shits about!? Oh and the protagonist isn't emo! I've played through this over ten times wand I don't really plan on stopping any time soon!

It is worth noting that if the Grand List of Console RPG Cliches wasn't the design document for Skies of Arcadia, something close was. If you have to ask yourself 'is this person going to turn out to be evil,' the answer is yes. If you ask yourself 'is there a deus ex mechina coming' the answer is yes. If you ask yourself 'am I going to solve this problem with the power of hope and friendship' the answer is yes.

All that said, though, it's a very well done retelling of a story we've heard a thousand times before.
(also it is a minor plot point that you discover the world is round)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU