Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintage Vixen
Jul 30, 2008
Thanks for mentioning the Arizona Derby Dames in the OP under the banked track section. We just completed our first season of banked track to much bigger, louder crowds that we had when we were flat track for four seasons prior. We're also the hosts of Battle on the Bank IV tournament in 2011. It will be held at Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum (our usual venue) in Phoenix June 10 - 12th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintage Vixen
Jul 30, 2008

WindyMan posted:

Yes, I know you ladies just got your banked track setup this year and LA helped you out a lot with that. The SoCal area is starting to see more banked track derby, too. LA and San Diego are well-established, but I also hear that Long Beach (CA) and Sugartown (Oxnard, CA) are starting to make plans for banked tracks. That would give our area four banked track leagues/venues within a two-hour drive. We're totally spoiled here.

Yes - LA Derby Dolls were a huge help to us along the way as we made the switch to banked. Tilted Thunder Railbirds in Seattle are in the process of building right now, too, and have their first banked track game at the beginning of December.

Vintage Vixen
Jul 30, 2008

2chibi posted:

Vixen, you guys were awesome at BoTB! I was lucky enough to get to fly down and watch in person, and am really hoping for the chance to skate next year. I skate with Tilted Thunder Rail Birds. We JUST finished our track and skated on it for the first time TODAY. Our first banked bout is Dec 4th!

Thanks! I heard your track was finished! Congrats. It's so exciting! Looking forward to hosting TTRB for a banked track bout in Phoenix in April and seeing you again in Phoenix for BOTB in June!

Vintage Vixen
Jul 30, 2008
Battle on the Bank IV national banked track roller derby tournament is less than 2 weeks away. It's in Phoenix this year hosted by the Arizona Derby Dames. Anyone here going to be there? Teams included are San Diego Derby Dolls, Team Legit (all stars from flat track teams), L.A. Derby Dolls, TXRD Lonestar Rollergirls (Austin), Arizona Derby Dames (Phoenix), Tilted Thunder Rail Birds (from Seattle), Orange County Roller Girls, South Side Roller Derby (from Houston) and Tuscon Roller Derby.

Vintage Vixen
Jul 30, 2008

WindyMan posted:

I'll be there. I'm going to have a nifty preview and a neat little thing to play with available on my blog this Friday.

I like the bracket you made up. Thanks! If you see someone running around running the show this weekend at the Coliseum with "VINTAGE VIXEN" on her back, stop me and say hi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintage Vixen
Jul 30, 2008
I'm visiting Pittsburgh (from Phoenix - I'm part of the Arizona Derby Dames) so I get to see the Steel City Derby Demons/Chicago Outfit bouts tomorrow. Can't wait!

• Locked thread