Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
A co-worker of my husband's has started a new league. I'm going to see a practice on Saturday.
Am I understanding this right, once a name is taken it can't be used by anyone else?
I'm excited to watch the practice! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
Well, I missed today's practice but still plan on seeing next week's. Looking at skates the Sure-grip Invaders seem to be a good newbie cheap skate. What about the Riedell Rogue's? I like the look of the lace covers.
Wish I could afford some Vanilla Brass Knuckles.

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
Thanks Orpheus.
XL-55 vs. Rebels?

Dancingthroughlife fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 25, 2011

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
Thanks Windyman, I'll be watching tonight. :)

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
Congratulations, Overthefalls. :)

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
If anyone is in the Colorado area the RMRG are having a boot camp in May, not for beginners.
Search for Rocky Mountain Rollergirls Bootcamp on Facebook. Suzy Hotrod and Urrk'n Jerk'n will be there. :)

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
Got my Sure-Grip Rebels today, looking forward to teaching myself how to skate so I'll be derby ready by June when try-outs are.

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes

Aericina posted:

Good starter skate, but in a year you're gonna wanna rip those bitches off your feet and get something better. My Riedell 265s are my main skate and the Rebels are my outdoor skate now and it's like night and day switching back and forth.

Totally Twisted - my team is heading your way on the 10th. I won't be in attendance, so do you know of any DNN action happening?
Oh I know, but I couldn't afford more for a hobby I haven't even begun yet. Hopefully by next year I'll be able to afford the 265's with a DA-45 plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
Hey everyone! I finally got health insurance so I don't have an excuse to procrastinate on the skating front. Thing is: I'm scared. I've never really been physically hurt in any real sense and I no longer have any idea how to skate. And my local rink is only open on the weekends right now, so it's packed with kids that I'm terrified I'm going to land on. Or break my own leg in front of everyone. How do I get over this fear? Is it really as simple as making my mind up to skate? No matter what?

• Locked thread