Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
If i were to sum this movie up in a sentence it would be the 13th Warrior meets Gladiator. If that sounds cool to you then see this movie and you will enjoy it immensely.

Follows a raggedy group of roman badasses trying to get back their way back to safe territory in Scotland after they get ambushed by the natives. From there its a fast paced survivalist action/suspense story which requires little in the way of in depth acting skills or dialogue and plenty of cool rear end fight scenes with guys and gals killing and dying in a million different ways.

You can tell this was made on a B-grade budget and a lot of the cgi flourishes stand out like a sore thumb (especially early on in the piece) but the pacing and direction are well done.

I tend to rate movies on what they try to be versus what they are and how entertaining they end up as a result so this one gets 4.5/5 from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
I didn't really see any CGI atrocities other than the gaudy fly-in intro through some semi-runic style fonts. Yes every time somebody got stabbed/decapitated there was a huge plash of rendered gore but it wasn't visually any different from what you would see in any other sword-based adventure movie where they could afford to fix the stunt doubles with squirting bladders of red syrup.

Obviously some glaring anachronisms creep in if you're the kind on pedantic nerd who dwells on that poo poo instead of enjoying a rather fun movie where people desperatly run through the landscape of Scotland poking at each other with whatever sharp objects are available.

3/5