Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
I tried to restore my Nexus using the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit and it worked fine, but trying to revert back to stock 4.0.2 isn't working, I am following every step to a T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

b0nes posted:

I tried to restore my Nexus using the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit and it worked fine, but trying to revert back to stock 4.0.2 isn't working, I am following every step to a T.
Just flash the full the full 4.0.2 image (remembering to backup your storage as well).

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

LastInLine posted:

Just flash the full the full 4.0.2 image (remembering to backup your storage as well).

What does this mean?
Also when I go to download it manually it sends me to the Google Developers page and they only have 4.0.4

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

b0nes posted:

What does this mean?
Also when I go to download it manually it sends me to the Google Developers page and they only have 4.0.4

Looking at it, it seems Google has taken down the full 4.0.2 system image and I can't find it on xda. I'm sure the reason the toolkit fails is that it's designed to grab the system image from Google and it's gone now.

I found a couple stock ROMs in xda you can flash with minor mods if you're interested. Out of curiosity, why do you want 4.0.2 when 4.0.4 is available?

Edit: This is probably your best bet for a yakju-ICL53F image. The poster says it's the same with arabic support added so it should appear to be a stock image.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 29, 2012

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

LastInLine posted:

Looking at it, it seems Google has taken down the full 4.0.2 system image and I can't find it on xda. I'm sure the reason the toolkit fails is that it's designed to grab the system image from Google and it's gone now.

I found a couple stock ROMs in xda you can flash with minor mods if you're interested. Out of curiosity, why do you want 4.0.2 when 4.0.4 is available?

I am still getting call errors once in a while. Someone will call me and when I slide to answer the phone will freeze then reboot, or when I make a call the same thing happens. This only has happened to me twice, a soft reset cleared it up. Before I went to 4.0.4 this didn't happen. Also my other Gnex that I am returning is running 4.0.2 and has no issues.

Edit: The link in your post is dead. I hope this isn't a hardware thing.

b0nes fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 29, 2012

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

b0nes posted:

I am still getting call errors once in a while. Someone will call me and when I slide to answer the phone will freeze then reboot, or when I make a call the same thing happens. This only has happened to me twice, a soft reset cleared it up. Before I went to 4.0.4 this didn't happen. Also my other Gnex that I am returning is running 4.0.2 and has no issues.

Edit: The link in your post is dead. I hope this isn't a hardware thing.
Here's a rooted ICL53F stock ROM with Facebook sync added. Here's a yakjuux stock ICL53F build.

You could also try doing a nandroid on the one that has 4.0.2 and restore it on the one that has 4.0.4.

Just to be sure, you've done the update from IMM76D to IMM76I on your 4.0.4 device?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

LastInLine posted:

Here's a rooted ICL53F stock ROM with Facebook sync added. Here's a yakjuux stock ICL53F build.

You could also try doing a nandroid on the one that has 4.0.2 and restore it on the one that has 4.0.4.

Just to be sure, you've done the update from IMM76D to IMM76I on your 4.0.4 device?
I thought nandroids could only be done on devices that are rooted.

The phone says IMM76I so I guess so. When I booted up the phone for the first time it immediately updated.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

b0nes posted:

I thought nandroids could only be done on devices that are rooted.

The phone says IMM76I so I guess so. When I booted up the phone for the first time it immediately updated.
I assumed you were rooted since this is the rooted thread, but you don't have to actually be rooted, you just need to flash a custom recovery (and to do that you need to have an unlocked bootloader) but you can have a stock ROM.

Depending on how much you value the data on the other device, it would actually be easiest to just unlock the bootloader on that device (which would wipe it to factory 4.0.2), install the recovery, backup, then flash the stock factory backup on to your other device.

If you do value the data on the other device and it has a locked bootloader, you can use the in-built backup feature in ADB to backup the data before unlocking the bootloader.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

LastInLine posted:

I assumed you were rooted since this is the rooted thread, but you don't have to actually be rooted, you just need to flash a custom recovery (and to do that you need to have an unlocked bootloader) but you can have a stock ROM.

Depending on how much you value the data on the other device, it would actually be easiest to just unlock the bootloader on that device (which would wipe it to factory 4.0.2), install the recovery, backup, then flash the stock factory backup on to your other device.

If you do value the data on the other device and it has a locked bootloader, you can use the in-built backup feature in ADB to backup the data before unlocking the bootloader.
The 4.0.4 is from Google and rooted. The 4.0.2 is the one that is not rooted and going back to Amazon because it has no US warranty.

I tried to revert my Google bought 4.0.4 phone to 4.0.2. I used the tool I posted in the picture, everything went smoothly till the end. I get a message saying to wait for my phone to reboot, but it sits there on the boot loader screen doing nothing (the screen where you use the volume keys to change the different options).

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

b0nes posted:

The 4.0.4 is from Google and rooted. The 4.0.2 is the one that is not rooted and going back to Amazon because it has no US warranty.

I tried to revert my Google bought 4.0.4 phone to 4.0.2. I used the tool I posted in the picture, everything went smoothly till the end. I get a message saying to wait for my phone to reboot, but it sits there on the boot loader screen doing nothing (the screen where you use the volume keys to change the different options).

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
What's going wrong is that the 4.0.2 image is no longer available for the tool to flash.

The Google-bought phone is takju and unfortunately there isn't a 4.0.2 takju image anywhere (although maybe you can find someone with an ICL53F yakju image if you get lucky). The call problems you're describing though don't manifest in my Galaxy Nexus and I've never read about them anywhere else so you might be looking at a hardware problem.

The easiest thing would be to use the method I described for moving the 4.0.2 image you have on the non-US phone to the other if you're dead set on trying to get that on there.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Can I PM you I think I am cluttering up the thread. I spent 2 years learning how to do this poo poo on my Vibrant now I am learning it all over again.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

b0nes posted:

Can I PM you I think I am cluttering up the thread. I spent 2 years learning how to do this poo poo on my Vibrant now I am learning it all over again.
I sent you a PM a while ago but my wife's almost home so I'll be away for a while. If you're up overnight I'll probably be back around otherwise send me a message about whether there's data you need to get off the 4.0.2 device and I'll type up instructions when I get a chance.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Penguissimo posted:

There are a couple of choices of stuff on his site. The thing on the page I linked you is just a rooted version of the OTA. If you poke around a bit, you can also find his "Bugless Beast" ROM, which is built from 4.0.4 AOSP and has a couple extra features (like notification toggles). I ran the former for a while before switching to the latter, and they both seem to run fine.

I downloaded bugless beast, franco.kernel, and the new radio listed on the peter alfonso site. Just to be sure, am I missing anything else?

Install order from within CWM is:
Bugless Beast
Radio
Kernel

or does it matter?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

I downloaded bugless beast, franco.kernel, and the new radio listed on the peter alfonso site. Just to be sure, am I missing anything else?

Install order from within CWM is:
Bugless Beast
Radio
Kernel

or does it matter?
Your order is fine, as long as the ROM is first

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

LastInLine posted:

Your order is fine, as long as the ROM is first

Great, thanks!

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Apparently AOKP has been ported to the Evo 3D. Has anyone tried it yet?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Stunt Rock posted:

Apparently AOKP has been ported to the Evo 3D. Has anyone tried it yet?

As with basically everything non-stock for the E3D short of Sense 3.5 ports, it's still missing important things like a working camera. I think Bluetooth works now and there were reports of questionable WiFi depending on which kernel is in use.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away
How can I get my Nexus S back to stock ROM and reroot? Help please, thank you.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

thisdude23 posted:

How can I get my Nexus S back to stock ROM and reroot? Help please, thank you.
Which Nexus S? i9020T?

Edit: Go here, select your model, follow the instructions in the linked threads. All of those will be stock builds, just go to the version you want then reroot in the usual way.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 30, 2012

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

LastInLine posted:

Which Nexus S? i9020T?

Edit: Go here, select your model, follow the instructions in the linked threads. All of those will be stock builds, just go to the version you want then reroot in the usual way.

4G, so the D720. I'm currently on CM9 and I want to go back to stock ICS where I originally was. Hopefully the link helps, thanks.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

thisdude23 posted:

4G, so the D720. I'm currently on CM9 and I want to go back to stock ICS where I originally was. Hopefully the link helps, thanks.
Google does not provide full images for CDMA phones and the link I gave lacks the 2.3.7 > 4.0.4 update. Here is a link to a pre-rooted IMM74D build.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If you have the latest firmware on your Transformer TF101 or Transformer Prime TF201 and want root there is now a new method for obtaining root.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1622628

A guy on XDA has figured out how to allow firmware downgrades. Which allows you to go to a previously rootable firmware. I have JUST successfully downgraded my TF201 9.4.2.21 firmware to 9.4.2.14. This allows me to now reroot my device as I lost root through a manual update.

NiVRaM88
May 19, 2009
Does anyone know what the best ICS rom for the Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 is? Model #SCH-I905. Must have working camera and radio.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Vertigus posted:

New ICS build for CDMA Razr came out:

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/1963-new-ics-build-61484xt912/

Apparently has a lot of optimizations and fixes some bugs. Note: This isn't like the custom ICS ROMs out for the Razr that chug like crazy because they can't use hardware acceleration, this is an official (test) build. I've been running the previous version for a couple weeks and it works great.

Also, this could very well be the final build that they put out since it matches the file size on Verizon's update schedule: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/04/26/verizon-device-update-schedule-leaks-in-full-rezound-razr-and-xoom-details-emerge/

Probably want to avoid it for now, it seems that installing the new ICS leak will screw up fastboot restores for some users, making it impossible to downgrade back to the official releases. Like most things with Android, though, there'll probably be a workaround some time soon.

I'll probably avoid it for now, but thanks for looking it up and keeping us/me posted. I'd love ICS, but only when its ready.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Anyone with a rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus get their $40 google wallet monies? I'm rooted and I pre-ordered and activated on the 19th, am I gonna get my monies?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
I thought it was $50?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

b0nes posted:

I thought it was $50?

Ya, I already got the $10 but the $40 is deposited later. :iiam:

traslin
Feb 19, 2004
Hooked On Phoenix

r0ck0 posted:

Ya, I already got the $10 but the $40 is deposited later. :iiam:

From the promotion description:

quote:

Additional $40 credit will be added to your Google Wallet prepaid card within three weeks of Google Wallet activation.

So I wouldn't stress until at least another week has passed. I activated on the 20th on my non-rooted phone, and I still haven't seen my $40 either.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

NiVRaM88 posted:

Does anyone know what the best ICS rom for the Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 is? Model #SCH-I905. Must have working camera and radio.

There isn't one with a working camera, or working 3G/4G.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Doctor Butts posted:

I'll probably avoid it for now, but thanks for looking it up and keeping us/me posted. I'd love ICS, but only when its ready.

I hopped on it too early and honestly, being locked into the newer ICS builds isn't so bad. I have 0 problems with it.

Apparently the Droid Bionic had the same issue and some of the developers teamed up and figured out a hodge-podge way to get it back on track.

Vertigus fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 1, 2012

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

If anyone is still on an Evo 4G, any suggestions for a fast, stable, 4G working ROM to throw on it?

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

ShaneB posted:

If anyone is still on an Evo 4G, any suggestions for a fast, stable, 4G working ROM to throw on it?

I liked CM7.1 personally.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

thisdude23 posted:

I liked CM7.1 personally.

I rooted my 4g just to get rid of the Sprint Bloat. Are the ROMs any improvement in battery life or anything useful?

therealNeoS
Jul 13, 2001

ShaneB posted:

Maz Woz with masonic kernel is pretty stable, and fast.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Anybody have an reccomendations for a good ROM/Kernel combination to throw on an old OG Droid I have? I want to give it to my little brother, so I'm looking for something stable :)

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Anybody have an reccomendations for a good ROM/Kernel combination to throw on an old OG Droid I have? I want to give it to my little brother, so I'm looking for something stable :)

I was using whatever Peter Alfonso had out at the time when I had that. Was always my best experience.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

rotaryfun posted:

I was using whatever Peter Alfonso had out at the time when I had that. Was always my best experience.

Thanks, I'll look into it. I' really just looking for something nice and lightweight...IIRC CM 7.1 started to get pretty bloaty.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

ShaneB posted:

I ran CM7.1 up to a few days ago. Everything worked perfectly, no problems to speak of. 7.2 is out at some RC level and should also be quite stable, it's just more updates on Android 2.3.x so there's not really anything to break.

The Evervolv ICS build is also quite stable and smooth as hell, but video recording and 4G don't work so it doesn't really meet your spec.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Thanks, I'll look into it. I' really just looking for something nice and lightweight...IIRC CM 7.1 started to get pretty bloaty.

Yeah he put out basically the purest AOSP experience that I was able to find when I used that. Which actually ran really well compared to what else was out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

rotaryfun posted:

Yeah he put out basically the purest AOSP experience that I was able to find when I used that. Which actually ran really well compared to what else was out there.

Nice, I'll have to give it a try :) did you use a custom kernel at all?