Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Really, I'm more content underclocking my phone and saving battery life. I don't appear to be dwelling in a basement, have a decent florida tan, and have no interest in referring to anything as haxx0ring.

Oh, wait, blanket statements are needed. Go back to the iphone thread with the rest of the hipster scum and continue touching yourselves over screencaps. I guess.

Though I more question the social lives of people who feel the need to troll webforums then people who have a working interest in phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Just got the blurless rom (incognito) working on my X, and it's glorious. If this is what stock android is like, I envy you nexus users.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I know with the droid models, sbfing your phone is easy as pie. And if they can't turn it on, they can't see it's rooted and don't care. Verizon swapped out my bricked rooted phone with no problem at all, and I haven't gotten any hate mail from motorola after I sent it back.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
Oh, I didn't post It as a way to get around it or anything, just a trip report on my rooted bricked droid.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Zero The Hero posted:

Cyanogen isn't on the Droid 2, is it? Is there any particular reason? It looks like there's not much Droid 2 development going on.

No cm6, but that second bit is wrong. There is a lot of development on the d2 and dx, look into incognito, it's a blurless rom image and works fantastically. There are also a bunch of themed options available, just read up on it.

I kind of like the fact that cm isn't available on the droids, its gotten me to read and learn about the rest of the mod community instead of just installing the one everyone uses and forget about it. Some of the themes and workarounds are awesome.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Nostrum posted:

I just put rubix focused 1.0 on my DroidX and so far it seems pretty good. It is definitely smoother than the leaked 2.2 ROM and it has every piece of Blur and Verizon bloatware crap removed. Also it has swype unlike the FlyX ROM which was completely retarded.

Easily installs through ROM manager/Clockwork Recovery from the 2.2 leak. Kept root and all.

Yeah, I'm really digging how clean this rom is. I got the red version and put the red themed dolphin HD and Swype on it, it's gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

DoctorJones posted:

Did you keep your SD card?

When you replace your phone through warranty, its not uncommon they make you keep your sd card, battery, and backplate.