Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I have a droid x that is rooted and runs a custom rom Rubix. I want to go back to the original rom, but my sd card got messed up and I lost my system save.

How can I go back? Also, I've seen a lot of talk about ics roms on phones, can I get ics on my phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If you have the latest firmware on your Transformer TF101 or Transformer Prime TF201 and want root there is now a new method for obtaining root.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1622628

A guy on XDA has figured out how to allow firmware downgrades. Which allows you to go to a previously rootable firmware. I have JUST successfully downgraded my TF201 9.4.2.21 firmware to 9.4.2.14. This allows me to now reroot my device as I lost root through a manual update.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
How do I go about getting a back up of my Transformer Infinity? When I try to go into RCK from Vol. Up+Power I get

Is there an app that I can use or something?I want to unlock my bootloader and install a new ROM because of everything I've heard about the ASUS stock ROM being slow as poo poo.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Well, I'm backing up all my system data and user app data with Titanium Backup Pro. I downloaded Clockwork Mod, but it's telling me that my device isn't supported for CWM Recovery. However through google searching I've found a lot of people who are successfully using CWMR on their TF700 along with some websites for instructions for installing CWMR.

Is CWMR the goto custom recovery option?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
TF700 or TF700T, they are the same thing.

I downloaded TWRP and installed it through their suggest GooManager, but I'm still getting the red exclamation.

Edit: I had to unlock my bootloader...

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 10, 2013

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Why are apps so finicky when you install a new ROM?

I FINALLY got CleanROM Inheritance to install properly after 5 hour of messing with stuff and an hour cowering in the corner thinking that I bricked my tablet. Apparently, once you install a custom recovery on an ASUS Transformer series tablet you should never use the Wipe Data command in the stock Power+Vol. Up menu.

System UI kept crashing on me and I had done what I just said not to. I was able to fix it though by using TWRM to wipe data, cache, etc. etc. It scared the life out of me thinking I had bricked my tablet.

I figured a ROM installation would be like an OS install. Start from scratch on everything, but apparently it just removes parts of the old ROM and puts in the new parts.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Maybe someone can help with this.

I have a TF700T and I was on CleanROM. It was suggested by another goon in the Tablet thread, who also has a transformer, to switch to CromiX. So I decided I would. I used TWRP to update to 10.6.14.8, like CromiX thread suggested. However, I have lost root AND access to TWRP.

I am unsure what to do now.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So had a problem with my usb cables, got some new ones from amazon today. Got TWRP installed and installed Cromi-X installed and it booted up just fine.

Restarted a few hours later and now I'm stuck at the loading screen. I an unsure what to do.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
How do ROM makers get away with including full, paid versions of software in their ROMs? The ROM I got from XDA for my TF700T had the full version of Titanium backup. I own the app myself, but I know that it came from the ROM because I did a full wipe and didn't login into my google account until two days after installing the ROM.