Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
CM6/N1: Is it possible to play with Launcher Pro or even reinstall the stock launcher? I don't like ADWLauncher really. Launcher Pro looks kind of sexy but more than anything I wish I'd just have the old launcher with my sexy coloured notification lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I installed RC1 over my previous CM6, and now I have my GApps still but no web browser at all. Help?

EDIT: Fixed this by installing the GApps addon. Apparently, the Android Browser app is considered a non-distributable Google app now.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Oct 28, 2010

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Okay, CM6-RC1 impressions. I got just a couple issues:

1) FM Radio works but is kind of crap as expected. However, when I plugged my headset in to use as an antenna, an icon appeared that according to this chart means "wired microphone headset is connected." Since I quit FM and reset, the icon still appears with my regular, non-microphone headphones plugged in. This is an OS thing, not an FM Radio app thing. Not sure why it's happening. I tried voice search while wearing headphones and listening to something and it still used the phone's microphone to pick up my voice.

2) I'm not sure if this is Touiteur's fault or CM6's fault, but I'm now getting Mac/iOS style red badges reflecting unread tweets on Touitter's icon. This isn't the "Display Unread Count" thing on the notification icon in the status bar, but a thing on the app itself. Since I don't primarily use Twitter from my phone, I don't really want this unread count, but I can't figure out how to turn it off.

I'm thinking it's a RC1 thing because I wasn't seeing these badges on Toutieur's icon before.

3) Just so you know, you need to go into the settings of the FM Radio app even though it works right away. it's set to Chinese frequencies. If you're someone who doesn't always have Bluetooth on, it will leave bluetooth on when quit, though you can change a setting and have it automatically turn bluetooth off when it's powered off.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
That's always been the case? That's really odd. I've never had that happen when plugging in regular ol', microphone-free headphones. Neither with official nor pre-RC1 rooted firmwares.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Typical "I visit this thread once a month and don't want to read ten pages" question: Is there any options for people who want to use Gingerbread on a rooted N1 that are semi-stable for daily use? When I see today that Gingerbread has slowly trickled down to the Droid Eris of all things, I figured it was time to ask.

I see a lot of people talking about CM7, but no proof that it actually exists. Are the nightlies on Gingerbread or something?

EDIT: Okay, I see this thread on XDA. I'm thinking of installing this but two things come to mind:

1) I'm running a lot of apps off the SD in CM6.1 that don't support copying to SD. This is because I'm such an app whore that my phone would explode otherwise. If I replace CM with this new OS, do I have to wipe, and does the Google cloud-based restore try to install everyone on my phone memory and create "not enough room" errors that creep my phone to a crawl?

2) Along the same lines, I wish I knew what this meant:

quote:

Darktremors Apps2SD is now in ROM also!

Darktremors Apps2SD is either activated from the Terminal app, or ADB commands.
Its best to use ext3 on your SD Card.

DT Commands:
*a2db shell ("su" in Terminal Emulator)
*a2sd check
*a2sd reinstall (I usually only use this)
*a2sd zipalign (This is extra if wanted)
*a2sd cachesd (This is extra if wanted)

Any ideas?

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 31, 2010

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
With CM6, I run more apps than my phone can actually allow by offloading a dozen or so apps with app2sd that weren't designed to be copied.

What'll happen if I wipe? I'm a bit afraid of trying any of these 2.3 mods and needing to wipe, to find that the Google Restore is gearing up to download 80 apps to my phone that only has enough room for 50 or so. My iPhone experience has turned me into a total app whore, I know.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ulysses S. Grant posted:

Typically when I have issues with Google Restore, I sign in, load the market app, immediately back out of it, and force stop/delete data from Market.apk in Settings, and reboot. That stops the restore and allows you to load your apps piecemeal from Titanium Backup or from the Market.

Man, I need to learn backup advice. I know/use Nandroid, but I know nothing about Titanium Backup, and only use it to remove GApps that need an update but refuse to do so.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I installed CM7 nightly yesterday and have no sound out the headphone jack, but always through the internal speaker.

Fix?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
What's the best way to handle a backup and restore of stuff when wiping? I want to go from CM7 RC to final and I did a recovery backup as well as ran Titanium Backup on my apps, but I can't seem to find some sort of way to backup and restore my home screens's icon placement and folders.

I spent too much time arraging these various apps and widgets in an appealing iRipoff sort of way and don't want to have to put it all back together again.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Anyone else burnt out on running custom OSes?

To me, the biggest functionality of a custom OS was the ability to install so many apps on external storage so Android phones no longer felt crippled compared to iPhones in terms of how many apps could be installed at once, but now most apps support SD storage and internal storage is a lot larger than it was a year ago.

I'm having so many issues with CM, from weird random lockups to the keyboard and screen unlock interfaces failing to render on screen, that I really would just wipe it all and put the official firmware on my Nexus One if it didn't mean having to set so much stuff up a second time.

Root is and will always be useful, if only to remove the crapware that carriers install on most phones, but I just don't see where custom OSes are that needed over, say, just having root and a third-party launcher. The community has produced superior desktops, but I feel these community OSes are just unstable and increasingly unnecessary.

At this point, I feel when I get a 4G phone I'll root it and put on Titanium Backup and ADWlauncher, and that's that.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'm also having space issues for apps on an N1, don't think it's the system because without apps I seem to have plenty of space. I'm using the CM7 RC.

If anybody could give me a Plain English tutorial or something for how to move more app data to SD, I know it's possible but I'm using the 7.1 RC and apparently it's quite a bit of work and I'll probably lose all my app settings.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

LastInLine posted:

Very thorough and detailed explanation on how to set up DarkTremor A2SD

Just a question for you or anybody else out here: Ever played with S2E? Appears to be replacement to DarkTremor.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I think I'm going to give my Nexus a wipe and a roll with MIUI. The only thing that sort of concerns me is that part about being both closed source and Chinese in origin. The whole "oh hey what the hell is this" aspect of it's origin makes me kind of :tinfoil: and :ohdear: at the same time.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Sweet, it turns out that using app2ext (Darktremor or S2E) on a Mac or Linux box can make the phone unstable and corrupt the SD card, according to a post on CM's forums.

Nexus Prime can't get announced fast enough.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

LastInLine posted:

Um, why do you need a PC at all for implementing a2ext except for the backing up and restoring the data? Even then it's not like you're doing anything to the card besides reading/writing to it, I can't see how doing that under Mac or Linux could affect the card in any way.

I use my phone as a giant thumbnail drive to play video files on devices like my TV, PS3, etc.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

LastInLine posted:

The good news is that the ratio of internal space to external space seems to be about right when your EXT is 1GB on an N1.

Just a stupid question: Are newer phones any better about this? I'm an app whore (around 50-60 apps or so) and a Google whore (and Gapps have become enormous lately) and lately all this space poo poo makes me start missing my iPhone.

Is this why, for instance, the HTC Inspire has a 4GB internal ROM in addition to the 768MB system memory? Or do these phones also store app space in the same memory as the system's task management? I'm fine having only a small amount of space (say, 2GB) for apps instead of the iPhone's monster partition, but only if they aren't also eating in on the RAM that's used to keep the system speedy and stable.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 26, 2011

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I require help, goons.

I finally decided to take care of my N1's memory issues. After a backup, I erase everything on both my SD card by having ROM Manager make the 512MB ext3 partition. Then I upgraded my from the RC of CM7 to a nightly, plus I ran the "Basic method" script of this post which installed two pieces of software and did some other things like reduce the low memory notification threshold from 10% to 3%.

I can't back up apps with Link2SD, though, because the ext3 partition was somehow made read-only. This was confirmed with a terminal command I found online. So, I plugged the phone into my PC and booted up GParted to change or re-create the partition as read/write, except they appear to be untouchable.

I don't know what to do now.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Well, the part of it is, simple2ext doesn't allow you to specify apps to be moved to the SD. It simply moves over all of the apps to the SD. On the other hand, it does let you move cache. That guy's script/package includes both Link2SD and and S2E because Link2SD lets you move over apps individually, while he suggests using S2E to move cache (I'm not as sure I'm as interested in doing this, but that's why it's there.)

Anyway, all ROM Manager does is boot up Clockwork recovery and automatically choose from a series of menus to partition the card, a task I could easily complete myself. Starting over doesn't change that the partition being made is read-only.

EDIT:

LastInLine posted:

Also, if you're starting over (and I think you have to), I'd advise you to use a 1GB EXT3 partition. The reason is because app data still lives on the internal storage (unless you have a super-fast sd card in which case ignore this paragraph) and with 1GB you'll run out of space in both your partition and your internal storage at about the same rate in my experience.
Then how is this different from Froyo move to SD? I thought the same was true of it, which was how I could keep running out of space even with so many apps "on SD."

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Sep 20, 2011

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Vaporware posted:

I just noticed my video recorder sound seems to be broken, is that a known N1 nightly issue?

I'm re-installing RC1, I like the little fixes, but I feel like there's no compelling reason to be on nightlies at the moment.

Works for me. I'm on release 200, for what it's worth.

RC1 gave me too many little problems, and having the swipe unlocking screen with lockscreen audio controls appear before my screen pattern lock made being on a nightly worth it. So far, though, I don't know of any reason why I'd go newer than 200 yet, though.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The YouTube app now behaves like the iphone and automatically pauses if you lock the screen while playing a video. So you curiously can't use it as a music source just at the same time that Google Music comes to market. How odd.

Are there any root tricks to get around this limitation? I can see why they did it but I listen to obscure soundtracks and the like.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Regarding N1, memory, and the like: I downloaded a pack from XDA that installed S2E, Link2SD, and did some other tweaks like turned down the threshold for a memory alert message.

I set S2E to automatically handle dalvik-cache, and every time I install an app from the Market I have to go through the steps of opening Link2SD and moving it manually. It handles upgrades automatically. It's some extra loving around when you add a new app, but some apps don't work or behave well on SD so it's worth it.

It's actually caused a sort of a slight problem now in that I want to stop using my N1 because it's old and beaten up and a little slow at times, but it does everything I need it for now (it couldn't before because of memory) so I really don't have any reason to upgrade for anything less than ICS.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Just curious, what do people with phones that don't have an Achilles-like deficiency of memory do? Do they use Froyo a2sd, or do they just download and install and run and not bother with SD at all like the iPhone people do?

I know the latter is what the Nexus S/Galaxy aim for with their big MPT partition and lack of SD slots.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Is it safe yet to consider putting some kind of ICS on my AT&T GS2?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Mega Comrade posted:

Well the Android 4 build went up for the SGS2 today as a nice Christmas present. It's pretty drat unstable for a lot of people going by the thread, I've seen to lucked out though and after the 3rd attempt flashing I got it working perfectly. drat this thing is nice, might keep it.

Is there a Plain English guide to rooting an AT&T SGS2 that I can read as I prepare for this (i.e. wait a few more days for features like video to work)? I was spoiled stupid by the Nexus One and one-click roots of 2010 HTC phones.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

BearQuake posted:

So what are the chances of the att sgs2 (i777) getting an alpha of CM9? It has a stable CM7 build already.

We're waiting for a code release for the phone dialing hardware. You can install the systems for the international version if you don't mind not being able to make voice calls.

There's bountiful optimism on XDA that we will get that code dump (an event AT&T has no incentive for) and have a community-produced ROM well before an OTA release, but in a sad sort of way it looks like children who are certain that Santa Claus is real.

Basically, you and I got Samsunged.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"Basically, you and I got Samsunged." --Me, days ago, on the previous page of this thread

"We just got Samsunged" --Guy in a future Samsung ad for the Super Bowl that debuted online yesterday

Goddamnit. There isn't anyone's intellectual property they won't stoop to imitating.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

calcio posted:

Using an AT&T GSII and I really do not like touchwiz at all nor all the added on crap from AT&T. I took a cursory glance over in the land mine of xda but initial reports were not good and people all saying wifi doesn't work on any of the roms for the i777?

Is there a good Android OS stock ui rom that is stable with excellent battery life anyone can recommend. And I believe i777 users can use i9100 roms with hellraiser?

People seem to like UnNamed, which pretty much does what you're asking.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Slopehead posted:

Edit: Preliminary googlin shows me that the ATT version is "GT-I9100" which is about as good as its going to get for the Samsung upgrade curve, right?

The AT&T version is the i777, which uses a different call kernel and thus needs to be treated as a different set of hardware from the 9100 international model. As a result, it has a smaller dev community and all the usual negatives you expect from an offshoot created specifically for a US carrier. Nobody knows if ICS is coming, word had been until this week that it will take ICS for the 9100 to be released at minimum, and the community has been turning into a bunch of anxious babies about it and driving away skilled coders by demanding the whole world right this minute. Hacked ICS hasn't been able to place phone calls until just yesterday. That said, a hacked kernel that allows ICS to run and place calls (which you can't do with a 9100 ROM) appeared the other day, with caveats.

You're probably best with ICScrewD (a Gingerbread ROM that's been hosed around with to look like ICS) if you want any kind of stability at all.

If you want, you can use real ICS with brand new hack; but two of the buttons (back and search) don't work and the lockscreen randomly flashes on when it's not plugged into USB, draining your battery. The kind of thing you should check back on to see if they've fixed in a few weeks.

If I was a guy with a brand new phone of this model, I'd probably just switch the launcher if I'm not happy with the TouchWiz one, until CM9 becomes more stable than it is right now. Just don't install the official upgrade released by AT&T, because it kills battery life and is why I felt the need to root mine in the first place.

A note about rooting: the phone has a firmware flash counter on it and will permanently alter it's boot screen if anything non-stock has been flashed, so if you want to avoid that you'll need to go down this more complicated road. Once you have some funky-rear end hack of ClockworkMod running on there, you can throw Odin away and should flash all ROMs through ClockworkMod. And don't ever update ClockworkMod through ROM Manager, as it supposedly breaks the phone.

If this all sounds like a lot could go wrong, welcome to the minor, lesser supported fork of a popular platform.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 1, 2012

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Slopehead posted:

Seriously, a firmware flashing counter? What the gently caress are they thinking? :psyboom:

Even the Nexus One had a :siren:BOOTLOADER hosed WITH:siren: modification on the boot screen unless you followed a specific order of instructions. OEMs just aren't going to take us flashing custom ROMs lying down is all.

The HTC One X will also have a US only variant when it arrives on AT&T (a Snapdragon S2 processor instead of a Tegra 3 due to AT&T's Qualcomm-based implementation of LTE) so you can look forward to more of this sort of fun when that phone arrives.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The following instructions apply only to the AT&T-branded, i777 model of the Galaxy S II. The one with the traditional four buttons at the bottom of the phone. If you have the i9100 model (with the big, iPhone style button at the bottom) than your instructions are different and easier.

CM9-ICS on the AT&T GS2 is usable, with drawbacks!

The Drawbacks:
1. Because the kernel is from the i9100, the CPU can not achieve deep sleep. This causes the screen to automatically light up to the lockscreen whenever it tries, which is like once a minute or so. This can be fixed by enforcing that the CPU be active 24/7, even when the screen is off. This means battery performance is not optimal as running some GB ROMs, but it's still very good and you can probably get through a day of moderate usage. I certainly had much worse battery life after updating to the glitched-out suckage of AT&T's one official OTA update.

2. Only the back and home hardware buttons are recognized, and home basically operates like back, meaning that if you're in a web page window you have to hit it a million times to go back until you reach your home page, then quit. This can be relieved by flashing an extra ZIP to enable the Galaxy Nexus style on-screen button panel at the bottom of the screen. Some people consider the hardware buttons usable, but without software you currently can't access the task switcher overlay.

3. You can't mount USB. People have been using wireless to get around this.

So, the real loss is some screen real estate and the retarded look of having two rows of buttons at the bottom of your phone (three if an app includes it's own panel!)

Instructions:
1. Go here and save the nightly with fixes package (first link) and the gapps link further down the page. Then go here and download the CM9 ENABLER link. Save all three .zips to your internal memory card.

2. In recovery, backup your poo poo and then wipe data/cache/dalvik and flash the ICS system ROM.

3. Reboot into ICS (if you flash gapps here they won't appear)

4. Once ICS has started, reboot into recovery again.

5. Flash gapps. If you wish for onscreen buttons, flash those too.

6. From the Google shop, download Wake Lock and run it. Select the button for PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK and then check the box to start a service that will always run the CPU and stop the lockscreen bug.

Anyway, this deal is somewhat temporary, and may only be relevant for hours depending on how accurate various foreign branches of Samsung are with their estimates for ICS with the i9100.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 9, 2012

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Two: the i777 (HSPA, Exynos CPU) and i727 (LTE/Skyrocket, Qualcomm CPU). The T-989 is the T-Mobile version (HSPA, Qualcomm CPU).

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Mark Larson posted:

I thought that the Exynos CPU in the AT&T version was the same as the Exynos CPU in the international version. In fact, I was going to buy an AT&T SGS2 based on that, thinking that it'll get ICS sooner thanks to its compatibility with the international version.

Oh Samsung, crusher of dreams, denier of hopes. :negative:
It is the same CPU, it's the phone modem or whatever you want to call it that is different.

You can flash "hellraised" international ROMs directly if you don't care about placing or receiving voice calls.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

ExcessBLarg! posted:

The solution is to not run the 9100 kernel, or do a proper kernel port. I don't know what kernel CM9 is using on that device. If it's a source-less kernel from a leaked ICS build, I777 folks are hosed. If it's a ported GB kernel, someone needs to add I777 compatibility for it.

Since I got the phone in late November, ICS came out for the 9100 but voice calls and the softkey buttons didn't work. The word on XDA was always "we can't do anything without kernel source." Once the 9100 update dropped, Samsung would be legally required by GPL to release the kernel's source code and people could get around porting it to the i777.

So then time passed, where everything from the Atrix to discontinued HP tablets started getting ICS but the i777, and the people who bought it thinking they were getting a flagship phone with wide support, had to sit there and watch. People started getting incredibly anxious, and eventually people who don't have any coding skill and/or don't contribute anything started lashing out at the people who do. Accusations like "we need some REAL devs... not just 'Themers' and Devs wannabe" and "This is ridiculous!" caused someone to make a ROM called Baby Pacifier to shut up the critics, and I think that has been developed and is what the CM9 port etc has been built on.

We're still waiting for the 9100 source. Don't expect an official 777 kernel anytime soon since AT&T basically owns the phone (supposed to have been called Attain but handed GS2 branding at the last minute) and hires Samsung to produce it.

I imagine it will be the only "Galaxy S II" to not get ICS, since AT&T seem to have the coldest of cold hearts when it comes to refusing to update perfectly adequate hardware and release new models instead. It's been a lesson in carrier subsidized/controlled variant models that I'm keeping in mind as I look at AT&T's HTC One X and it's necessitated-by-LTE Snapdragon CPU where the rest of the world gets a Tegra 3.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 9, 2012

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I've mentioned the CM9 for AT&T SGS2 ROM a number of times here, but I'm just mentioning it again because it has reached "ready for use without annoying flaws" in it's March 23 build.

Among the features:
* the CPU can enter deep sleep and preserve battery life properly now
* USB mounting works
* A few random apps that crashed all over the place (i.e. Chrome) now work as they should

Bugs that affect all versions of CM9 (such as no Facebook contact syncing) still exist as it's up to the CM devs.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Odette posted:

I have no idea who k.d. lang is. Is that some creepily obscure artist like Bjork?
Canadian singer that sort of straddles pop and folk-country at the same time. Also a lesbian, but not a hugely controversial one or anything. At least not since the late 80s when she would cover "Johnny Get Angry", a song about an abusive spouse, by pantomiming getting knocked down cold on-stage.

She performed at the opening ceremonies of the last Olympics, where she looked like an pleasantly overweight man.

quote:

My friends that own SGS2 & HTC Sensations have all been raving about ICS while I'm still patiently waiting for CM9. :(

You'll get there soon, perhaps? I realized that for as long as we waited, it's been, what, four months for a lot of major devices to get ICS? Froyo was almost six in some cases.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Just want to say...

Slopehead posted:

Jokes on him, he bought an SGSII on AT&T. Maybe he'll get lucky and have that sweet sweet ICS update by October but bemoan his luck when Jelly Bean never shows up.

I own this phone. I've been using the CM9 nightlies on them since it initially came out with a dozen caveats that are all ironed out now. I'm closing in on having used it every day for two months now and am happy. Flashing new updates of the OS every day is a bit tiring but largely optional, and since I use a rolling release Linux distro on my home computer it feels like a similar process. Just get GooManager to automate the update checking for you.

There's the whole "carriers should provide timely updates" and "one shouldn't have to look to the open source crowd to provide routine system software" aspect, which is true, but we all know there's only one big manufacturer that pushes the OS to consumers directly. Android is no more of a joke than Windows or Blackberry or anything not Apple at this point. You wouldn't be in the Rooted Android thread if that was a dealbreaker anyway.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 7, 2012

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

ssjonizuka posted:

on the topic of SGS2 - I haven't been paying attention recently, but finally decided to jump into root after running stock for over half a year. (att, sgh-i777)

I ended up using the zedomax method, and it worked great - only to find out a few days later that my wifi screwed up. I've been doing some light research only to discover after the fact that quite a few people have had the same issue, but are having varied luck in correcting it. Has anyone else here seen that?

I hate to be That Guy, but I suggest you look at this XDA thread for how to return to "normal" and then at this thread for how to root. I rooted using option #4 (at the end of the post) using Linux and it was easy as pie.

I'm one of those people that obsessed over flash counters and the like, and this method worked for me and I've been a CM9 nightlies whore ever since.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I find it very weird that I/O has come and gone and there's no new version of the gapps ZIP. Isn't there a new version of the Play Store that includes magazines or anything?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'm doing a clean wipe/reinstall. Is there a good mirror of the ICS G-apps (April 29) anywhere? Goo.im is down, and from searching Twitter it appears to have been that way for a good while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

spouse posted:

Question about the SGS2 Skyrocket... Is there a decent, pretty ROM with support out there other than MIUI? As far as I see, MIUI is based on gingerbread, and I was hoping for an attractive ROM based on ICS. I'm pretty new to android, so if I'm incorrect or anyone has any alternative suggestions (CM9 RC doesn't seem to boot AT ALL).

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#skyrocket/cm9/next