Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therealNeoS
Jul 13, 2001
I have finally rooted my Droid X. I then proceeded to install gummyJar as the ROM.

As much as I like gummyJar, the geek in me wants to find something else. Does anybody know if Cyanogenmod 7 is coming to the DX?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therealNeoS
Jul 13, 2001

Kegwen posted:

Anyone have a strong opinion on Droid X roms? CM7's maintainer for the DX seems to be taking a break and the camera doesn't really work. It's mostly great aside from the lack of camera, but I thought I'd ask around.

If you haven't flashed revNumbers version of CM7DXGB then you're not in the now.

Use that with the MIUI camera and it's a great and stable ROM.

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3335-DEV_THREAD-DroidX-CM7-with-Gingerbread-Kernel

Take a peak. The last build was on 10-6 and this is what I'm using. Great battery life, and no random crashes. Some minor issues though.

You can also get ROM Manager. revNumbers puts his builds on there.

therealNeoS
Jul 13, 2001

Kegwen posted:

CM7 isn't actively maintained, either. The future of DX custom roms doesn't seem promising.

This is absolutely not true at all. RevNumbers has been maintaining the CM7DXGB builds for the last two months. His progress makes this phone so much better.

I just installed the 11/5 build using JRummy's Rom Toolbox with Jakebites kernel mods. Excellent battery life so far.

If you're worried that MIUI is done on the DX, make the jump to CM7DXGB.

therealNeoS
Jul 13, 2001

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

What all is added? I'm running the official and the only thing I miss from Liberty is being able to go higher than 1000MHz.

This is possible. Also 720p video and many other things.

therealNeoS
Jul 13, 2001
The all in one fixes for CM7GBDX have been included since the 10/15 build.

therealNeoS
Jul 13, 2001
So I've noticed that my GPS isn't accurate on my Droid X running CM7GB.

If I use that GPS Status and calibrate the phone, it seems to lock pretty quick. It doesn't last long though. If I leave the phone idle for a couple of hours and then mess with navigation, it will only be accurate up to like 1300 meters. Re-calibrate with GPS Status and it works again.

I'm running the 12-13-11 RevNumbers CM7DXGB with JakeBites mod. Everything works great except the inconsistent GPS.

I found a GPS fix, but can't get it to work. Any ideas?

therealNeoS
Jul 13, 2001
You should really look into MIUI for D2G. I installed it on my girls D2G and she has had no issues with it at all. Everything just worked on first boot. It's pretty.

TheDK posted:

Anyone had any luck with Droid 2 Global ROMs? I just put on CM7 last night and, while it is fantastic thus far, I've run into a pretty annoying problem where no settings changes will take affect until after a reboot. For example, if I change the ring tone it won't actually change until the phone is restarted.

After using a few googles I found some people advising to run 'fix permissions' which I have done both via the bootloader and rom manager but neither seemed to help.

I'm open to other ROMs, but would really like to get this issue resolved before I look to alternatives. Sorry if this has been addressed before, I did a couple thread searches but couldn't find anything or I just suck at searching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therealNeoS
Jul 13, 2001

ShaneB posted:

If anyone is still on an Evo 4G, any suggestions for a fast, stable, 4G working ROM to throw on it?

Maz Woz with masonic kernel is pretty stable, and fast.