Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«545 »
CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

Turns out I'm terrible at White Water. that is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

this table's drains are brutal as hell. i may or may not have wiped a tear from my eye when i broke 9th place just now. any advice on how to not be dogshit on this one?

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

CarpenterWalrus posted:

this table's drains are brutal as hell. i may or may not have wiped a tear from my eye when i broke 9th place just now. any advice on how to not be dogshit on this one?

The only advice I can give is keep shooting anything that is flashing and pray you get 5 x Playfield as a Whirlpool award and don't immediately drain.

I think White Water is definitely a table for operators hungry for players quarters, the drains are frequent. Yet somehow I keep coming back for more - probably because most games are so short due to all the drains!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it's a hard-rear end table. i always try to shoot the whirpool for the 5x table bonus award

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I played a real White Water and sucked hard but I love how the ball smacks the glass every time on that one wave ramp

WELCOME TO WET WILLY'S!!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

White Water is reject-o-rama. Rejected ramps, rejected locks, rejected boulder gardens, rejected insanity falls/whirlpool shots,. That you can't see the upper flipper to time it right doesn't help.

That both the pop bumpers and the whirlpool eject have a 50/50 chance of throwing the ball straight down an outlane doesn't help.

e: I swear half my games start the exact same way. Plunge, miss Insanity Falls, shoot for lock, ball rejects and goes SDTM.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 7, 2020

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

a buddy of mine that didn't know I was in to pinball said he was surprised when he watched people play at how physical it is

WW is the epitome of that. if you don't nudge, you won't score

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Best part of White Water is when you hit Insanity Falls and the ball smacks the glass.

Donít think zen or Farsight emulated that

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yeah WW being in our tourney might be what gets me to finally use a controller because not being able to slap save those stdm's out of the center lock with a keyboard (i know you can, it's just difficult) is ruinous to a WW high score

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I wanted orange.

It gave me lemon-lime.

Nap Ghost

boar guy posted:

a buddy of mine that didn't know I was in to pinball said he was surprised when he watched people play at how physical it is

WW is the epitome of that. if you don't nudge, you won't score

my gameplay went way up when i started hitting the gym for an extra arm day, ngl

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Deviant posted:

my gameplay went way up when i started hitting the gym for an extra arm day, ngl

i didn't play pinball for about twenty years. when i stopped, no one else really played, and when i saw people shake/tilt/slam the machines i was kind of weirded out. coming back to it last year, the very first event i was at, the guy that owned the machines would just tilt out his third ball every time if he had no chance to win. like an 8 inch slide save was a routine thing. playing in IFPA events normalized that stuff. the only thing they really don't like are death saves/bangbacks, because they damage the coin mechanisms.

and yeah, i am way way out of shape since there's no soccer to coach or ref right now. i play much better when i'm tired, and when i've been keeping up on my cardio, seriously. the best performance i've ever had was after leaving league on a wednesday night, driving from LA to Boston and then flying back, and playing that same night. zen, baby, exhaust the body to invigorate the mind

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I wanted orange.

It gave me lemon-lime.

Nap Ghost

i saw a guy get a star wars on 2 legs and only get a warning.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Deviant posted:

i saw a guy get a star wars on 2 legs and only get a warning.

i mean, Dialed In has an extra tilt warning as a bonus. tables are definitely made to be moved.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I wanted orange.

It gave me lemon-lime.

Nap Ghost

boar guy posted:

i mean, Dialed In has an extra tilt warning as a bonus. tables are definitely made to be moved.

TNA will always give you one as your mystery if you don't have any.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I learned that if you lean in on the machine, put your legs back a bit and don't put your head over the flippers it's easier to nudge. Guy at TPL taught me and I got the jump rope champ on Champion Pub with 30 jumps.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Oven Wrangler

Deviant posted:

I've had to ice my elbow after a long pinball session before. I rely too much on my left hand for nudges, slaps and moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Hey thread, sorry if this has been answered but I did some looking back the past several pages and the op and didn't find an answer:

Is there someone that builds (or has kits) for cabinets?

e: I see there are several that do them on a google search, but looking for recommendations. And bonus extra: would be appreciated if possible.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 8, 2020

«545 »