Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

iastudent posted:

Guess who's first on their friends list with 48.8mil on the Street Fighter II table? :smug:

gently caress you man :( Though I'm doing good on the other tables. I dunno. Trying to add more people but it's not letting me at the moment.

Add BroStar General to get some pinball action in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Zero Karizma posted:

I didn't even realize that you could manually launch the ball with the right stick. I am a complete rear end.

You can also get 500k skillshots from doing it too.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm coming for you WhiteHowler. I can get 15million easy on Biolab everytime I play.I'm a skill shot genius too.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

How the hell do I get that right side ramp in Excalibur??

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

That and I don't think it does fingers. Maybe it could pick up most of your arm flailing around but that's not something I care to do. At all.

Your arms would either seize up or fall off or explode or something during a multiball :haw:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I beat some ones Excalibur score by like 300k. Most of it was on my first ball, them I lost my mojo and scared like 700k on my last two balls.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Obeast posted:

I finally caved and bought the PFX2 core pack. My GT is below.

So far, my favorite is probably Biolab, but the others are pretty fun too. I just wish I can be better at watching the score display and the ball at the same time so I know what the gently caress is going on. :(
I don't have my glasses, and can barely read the screen. I just shoot at flashing poo poo.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

WhiteHowler posted:

Holy crap, I finished all four upgrades on BioLab and ended up at #2 on my friends list (which has pretty much everyone in this thread).

I wasn't entirely sure what to do after the creature was finished though. I was on my last ball, and while I was scanning around trying to spot a new light to shoot, I lost track of what I was doing for a moment and lost it. Bah.

Then I played a little bit of Excalibur. Yeah, that table is a comedy of horrible design decisions.

after that, you go back in the Creature building hole, and the poo poo hits the fan. You have to go through all the ramps and lanes, with a giant gently caress off magnet. It's really tough. I have yet to do it, but I will after work.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I spent an hour trying to figure out how to shake the table in biolab, to get the ball in the skill shot hole during an automated launch. Unfortunately, nothing good happens and I want my time back :(

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I rocked the poo poo out of biolab. But still haven't done the insane bit after all the upgrades with the ramps and orbits. Came really close and lost all three balls trying to do it. :argh:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You can just remap the keys and use buttons for shake. In fx2 at least.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

That ball is so small.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Zero Karizma posted:

So first up, ya'll bitches know there's a tournament going on for Secrets of the Deep, right? Winner gets free Marvel Pinball.

Second:

How the gently caress do you get ball saves and multipliers in Secrets of the Deep? And what do I do when the crane has my ball? What the hell am I aiming for?

Free Marvel eh? Sweet deals. Time to :420: it up and play some goddamn pinball.

Also, I'm catching up to you people in a few tables. Most notably Rocky and BullWinkle. I now consider 110million to be an average game.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hal, what's wrong? Why won't you return my calls :smith:

I just wanna talk pinball baby.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

WhiteHowler posted:

I like Agent except for the fact that virtually everything requires hitting the Tanker ramp, which is really hard to hit. Not only is the angle poor, but there's no reliable way to get the ball to the left flipper -- at best you hit it into the orbits and hope that the pop bumpers knock it out the left side instead of the right.
If you send it up the left orbit, it comes out flipper side 90% of the time

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Is there a "My spidey sense is tingling" sound byte? If not, it sucks

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

It has "spider sense tingling."

Ball save? Maybe kick backs?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

gently caress the Blade and Wolverine tables. While they are both fun, I keep hitting the goddamned ball into the upper flippers. Causing the ball to shoot down the center at alarming speeds. Speeds I have no defense for :(

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Sizone is a bad man, and often rules the Pinball. It makes me sad.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Captain Keekles, you're lucky. I had 50m on my first ball. Everything was going awesome, then someone knocked on the door. :argh:

edit: Biolab table

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I need to get my Xbox back... I was making it my mission to pass you on every table, but then I let a pal borrow mine and now I bet all my scores are falling by the wayside...

Lucky for you, I've been a busy guy the last few months. Plus the cold makes it really hard for me to get into the mindset to play pinball. I was on a goddamned chicken wing fueled roll earlier though.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I love biolab!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The best pinball table was clearly the Atari 2600 one.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

I while ago I posted my Xbox gamertag, but I turned down the friend invites because I didn't make the connection between posting gamertag and getting invites.

So please try Ketermuls again if you would.

:haw: I tend to look at peoples friends lists first, and if I don't see anybody I know, I don't let them on. I wonder how many goons I've declined :downs:

Edit: Though for the first 24 hours of posting my GT, it's auto accept.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

PFX2 is awesome. I think the only table I regret buying is Mars. It bothers me.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

FishBulb posted:

That seems pretty awesome. Not getting any more FX2 DLC. Sorry Zen.

If you act now, the new FX2 table Paranormal is up on XBLA for free. Not sure if it's an error or not, probably is, because the trial is there too...

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Boxman posted:

I'm not seeing Paranormal up on XBLA yet. Just fired up the 360 and everything.

Also this just in - I still hate Biolab and Blade. Can't do poo poo on either table. :sigh:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Paranormal-Full/2a8da0a9-f7e9-4150-bd85-af2b5e6bba5a

Here you go.

Edit: And the US marketplace link, eventhough I don't think it makes any difference.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Paranormal-Full/2a8da0a9-f7e9-4150-bd85-af2b5e6bba5a

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I will own a pinball table by 2013, mark my words.

I can't wait for Epic Quest next week though, that's going to be one awesome table.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Where is my Epic Quest? :smith:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Tomorrow.

One of the new mods on their official forums had a contest earlier to give out a few free codes for Epic Quest. He wanted people to post a bit about themselves and their interests, pinball or otherwise, to foster a dialogue between users, and the best entries would win. So far, one of the people that "won" basically wrote "I love pinball, I've bought all your tables. I love the interweb."

gently caress you new mod, gently caress you.

I have put a ridiculous amount of time into Biolab (though I could never complete a run through it :smith:). It says 12:13:25.59, I'm not sure what that translates into though. But I'm sure it qualifies for a prize :colbert:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Thor. It's shooting things up easy ramps. I rather quite like it. :downs:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I really dislike the art direction of Epic Quest. I would have liked something less like a fantasy Dudley Doright.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Since I don't have access to real pinball fables, FX2 will have to do :smith:

Also, gently caress the Blade table. The Upper flipper does absolutely nothing but get in the way and insta drain my balls.
Edit: It just drained all 3 of my multiballs :allears: And Blade is really rough in that it's harder to bring your ball to a rest and switch sides.

The General fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 20, 2012

The General
Mar 4, 2007

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

The EM Friendship 7 machine at my work is fixed again.

There are some drains that are impossible to avoid, but I'd feel really guilty about tilting a sixty year old machine.

This is why I can't nudge, because I think I'll break it everytime.
Edit: I was taught to respect my toys :colbert:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I've given up on any of their tournaments, as even the hardest tables have people with billion+ scores. Hitting 20million is an effort for me.

I can't do it either. If you read earlier in this thread, somebody talked about playing the same round for about 16 hours :suicide:

Edit: It was an old Williams table, Pinbot or Gorgar.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Starhawk posted:

I tried making one of those table maps on google maps in the London, Canada area. Gave up when every table I came across was in such a condition that telling people about it would be mean. There's nothing worse than a good table that's falling apart.

We have to hangout sometime. You and me.

Edit: While I like the monopoly machine at PJs it started every game with a self diagnostic trying to find all its balls and sometimes at my money :smith:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

- Be careful of setting off tilt, since most of your points will be coming from end of ball bonus.

Tilt kills end of ball? I don't know this, because I never touch the nudging buttons outside of a few skillshots in biolab.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Swabbleflange posted:

I love Chasing Ghosts and Special When Lit just for what they're about, but yeah, both those docs err a little too much on the side of showcasing weirdos. Rather unfair and unbalanced editorialising on the part of the filmmakers. There are plenty of people out there that love pinball and old arcades and aren't completely mental, or disturbingly obsessed.
They're not nearly as interesting to interview though, nor as fun to watch be interviewed.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

petewhitley posted:

Pinball Arcade is the new standard but it's buggy as gently caress

This is why I haven't even downloaded the demo. I dislike paying cashmoney for buggy games, especially on a console when future support may never come despite whatever the developer says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Not really surprising. PBA's claims of "all" licensed tables and a new table every month seemed more like wishful thinking than reality.

I'm not sure a Kickstarter would be all that successful, in a sense. It's such a niche product that I could see the only people donating are the ones with the game already, and then what do they get as a tiered reward for the Kickstarter? The table for free? Then what was the point of the Kickstarter in the first place if most people who would've just bought the table are now getting it for free as a reward. You're just paying for it in a roundabout, annoying way.

GMT Games, a boardgame company uses this model for everything. It's called the P500 list. Once something gets 500 orders, they produce the product then ship it out. Some things linger on there for a long time. But eventually it happens.

I like pre-order model myself. It allows things to be done that never would have happened in the first place.