Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Feel free to add me, as some of you already have done

GT: Spatula King

Also I would love to hear some general strategies for some of the tables. Well, not really strategies but more along the lines of the kinds of things I should be going for. I have yet to figure out what the gently caress is going on in "Rome", but I have a better idea about "Agents". Just any tips would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Zero Karizma posted:

I'd love to give strategies, but damned if I know.

To contribute, from the other thread, an unanswered question for everyone:

What view mode do you guys like? I think View 3 is probably the best mix of being able to see what's going on up top, but giving you enough leeway to protect the bottom.

This was a question I was going to ask as well. Also I'm not quite fond of Pasha (Is that the name?) simply because of the jarring scrolling view. Does one of the other views change that?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

snackmar posted:

Please add me to your friends list. I have many WIZARD POINTS.

GT: Knighted

I will come back and triumph on Excalibur. Just not this evening. Cracked 20mil on ball 3 and then lost it. Wrist hurts. You will fall.

Billy Gnosis posted:

For some reason the new pinball fx2 tables reminded me of Extreme Pinball for the PC, but after re-looking it up, I don't think it actually has the "doesn't work in real life" things in it.

I guess i'll throw my GT in as well: Backlash Jack

Also are any of the premium FX1 tables worth it (not counting SF2 and Rocky and Bullwinkle) when compared to FX2 stuff?

I saw some of your scores sir, you are going to have to explain to me what you understand about this game and some of the tables (Or it could be luck, some of my scores aren't even from doing the missions but just GOTTA KEEP THE BALL IN PLAY MAN)

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 30, 2010

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

CzarChasm posted:

That's all I got for now. I still have to beat Stealthed Zombie on two or three more tables. :)

DON'T TAKE MY AGENTS SPOT AWAY FROM ME, IT'S LIKE THE ONLY ONE I HAVE LEFT!:argh:

It's fun though, I got up this morning switched on the 360 and had a few challenges. Gives me something to aim for, I really like the idea.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Billy Gnosis posted:

Sorry, the score to beat is now 33 mil [Excalibur].

NOOOOO, now I have to play that table EVEN HARDER!

I'm starting to come around on Pasha, after figuring out the multiball, grabbing a bunch of treasures, and then burying the treasures and you get TEN MILLION!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Does anyone who has a good handle on some of the tables want to start writing some guides/what the gently caress you should be aiming for? It's fun to slowly figure things out on some tables, but on other tables some things can just be boggling.

If any of you new to the thread people want to add me I'm Spatula King, I'm already in the list, but I'm not near my 360 at the moment to add anyone. I think I'm at 25k wizard points so the more friends the merrier!

(I'm looking at you Billy Gnosis/Backlash Jack, you have crazy scores!)

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 1, 2010

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

ponzicar posted:

Press start when you're on a table, go to help & options, then choose rule sheet; it will give you a walkthrough of all the features of a table.

:aaa: I had no idea, thanks!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

WhiteHowler posted:

Even with the table rulesheet, I still don't understand some of the table elements on Secrets of the Deep.

How does the crane work? What am I supposed to do with it? It seems like I grab the ball and then within half a second I have "failed" the mode.

Also, I'm not sure what to do in the Hungry Morays or Save the Turtles video modes. Do I just avoid the eels? I've never gotten across. And Save the Turtles says to hit the lit shot, but at any given time there are half a dozen things lit or flashing.

I want to like the table but I generally have no idea what's happening.

Along the lines of "I don't loving understand" how about the archery thing I think on Excalibur. Where it's like "Line up the arrow to hit the target you failed" in the video and I'm just like :confused:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
MY AGENTS SCORE!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!

This aggression will not stand. Well, it probably will for a couple days as I've gotten into Fallout: New Vegas, but AFTER THAT!

I still have Earth Defense I think though. It's my last one remaining :(

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Cleared up some friend space so if you want to add me (Spatula King) but couldn't before, go for it.

Reclaimed my top Earth Defense spot among the goon friends I have, came in second on Speed Machine(44 mil...my previous score on that board was 8 mil)

God I love this game.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

WhiteHowler posted:

Yep. It's really encouraging to see those messages. It's a little like having a crowd start to gather around your machine in the arcade when you're busting out a huge score.

I had my best Pasha game ever earlier (which still wasn't great), and then I saw someone on my friends list with 240 million on the table. :psyduck:

You think that is crazy, ask Parallax Scroll about his loving 585 Million on Secrets of the Deep of all tables (I think, the table might be wrong)

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
My strategy for Earth Defense (yes, I know no one expressly asked for it) has just been DATA BOWL. Over, and over, and over again.

Though I'm quickly discovering other things to do, especially since someone took away my top spot with by like a hundred million points :argh:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, sorry to break into this thread with off-topic poo poo, but what is your avatar from?

Anyway, I am LOVING FX2. Can't wait for the new tables.

It's a Doctor Who reference, the girl is Amy Pond.

I'm still hammering away at Earth Defense, I love their relatively easy "Skill Shot" since it's just lining up cross hairs on the video. Still can't break 44mil though :(

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Does anyone know the amount of crossover between Williams Pinball and the new Pinball Arcade coming out? I picked up Williams not too long ago, but this one seems just as good.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Discount Viscount posted:

So far all we've seen that's in both is Tales of the Arabian Nights. Only four tables have been shown for the base game, one from each of the brands (Bally/Williams/Gottlieb/Stern.) I'm sure more of the Williams Collection tables will show up later. The big differences are DLC tables and going after tables based on existing licenses (with Ripley's Believe It Or Not being the one shown in the trailer.)

Hope Data East and Sega get thrown into the mix down the line.

Ah right, I had forgotten that this is a platform like FX2, which means I could always skip the repeat tables if I wanted to.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Man Moon Knight is fun, and is now my first 100 million table. Also now I'm number one on it, beating out Desinovia or something by like 15 million (Sorry if I butchered your name, if you are a goon at all, I just vaguely remember it)

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
There is a very good chance I'm going to buy this game both on 360 and the Vita when it comes out, along with that standalone Marvel Pinball game for the Vita (DLC on the 360). Pinball on the go just sounds too good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
So the DLC for Pinball Arcade. It's been up on Vita and I played it a bit. Anyone else disappointed that there are no new trophies associated with the new tables? Also I had some rough times with Bride of Pin*Bot. Had to call the attendant like 8 times during a decent run. The issues occurred mostly while shooting back into the table during an active ball. Curious to see if anyone has the same issues.