Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

The Cheeto posted:

Especially Rollergames.

This is one of the local tables available to me, even with shoddy flippers and a ball lock that only catches 6/10 times I still play the hell out of. Then have the goddamn song stuck in my head for days after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

It's probably because I have been consuming a lot of related media but a Poirot table would be good fun, skill shot would be to fix his moustache and go through various cases. Hastings Multiball that just features you hitting shots to take down various large game animals. I think I should go watch some more Poirot. :allears:

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

I purchased season 4 of TPA via the PSN store and neither the digital download version or accessing through the disc I have which has season 1 on it lets me actually play what I bought. Anyone know a way to fix it? I tweeted at them to see if they could just push some buttons and sort it out too.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Billy Gnosis posted:

Just to be safe: I believe you still need to go to the store and download unlocking files for the tables. They should appear as free or have no purchase option, just download.

I go there and it just says purchased so I'll try the restore license thing. I just wanted to hear some sweet sweet Raul Julia.

e: apparently I can just go to the individual tables and download them now for free which is annoying but hey at least I get my tables.

Kouerson fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 22, 2016

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Has anyone been watching PAPA 19 this weekend? Finals prove to be interesting. Running most of the day tomorrow over at https://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Those magnaslings look way too gimmicky to me. If they show consistency then sure, but having it flail every which way ala the power would be weird.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

I'd love to hit ReplayFX but I'm going to Vegas around the same time so I'll just hit up the Pinball hall of fame there instead.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Hey my friend is hosting IFPA World Championships this year and has been doing a series of daily streams where he demos the games that are in his collection.

He's got trash internet because he lives in the boonies and is new to twitch so the stream is a little rough looking but hey if you want to see what's up, check this: https://www.twitch.tv/1mpicklerick

By chance do you play in ToPL? Finally made it out to my first league night there (or ever) for the start of the new season, did far better than I thought I was going to. Forgot to see if anyone from around here plays in that league or City.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

I played in TOPL a couple years ago but driving for an hour each way on a Monday night after work was just too exhausting. I do play in City Pinball, I'm the Adam that's not the one that's hosting IFPA. Say hi on Wednesday!

I absolutely would but I have to work Wednesday nights, so driving around Mondays is my only other option. There's a Hamilton based league starting at the end of the month that is far more local to me as well, sounds like it'll be biweekly Tuesdays. I do intend to make it out for a CF Monthly Matchplay though.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

The beta WIlliams tables on FX3 always crash for me while loading, can't figure out why but they sure do look like a huge visual upgrade from the Farsight tables.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Oh hey there is a hundred new posts I haven't seen in here, wonder if they announced the Munsters or someth-:psyduck:

I want to pick up those new FX3 tables when they go on sale, I made a probably grave error when I scooped all those tables up on the PS4 version before they went away assuming they weren't going to be picked up by anyone else. Can't wait to STDM all day on Fish Tales on another platform.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

I don't think you need Junkyard on that list.

Is it better in FX? I've only played it in TPA and it was a slog. Though I assume the real machine plays a lot better.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Both Special When Lit and Wizard Mode are fantastic docs too.

Special covers the history of pinball and key figures within it, Wizard follows Robert Gagno trying to win the PAPA world championships and also acclimating to regular life as someone living with autism. Highly recommend both.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Tony Phillips posted:

Picking up one of the variations is a semi-goal. Considering production numbers and prices, Target Alpha is the most likely suspect. Sure do wish original El Dorados weren't so much more.

I would absolutely love a Canada Dry, but I think they were mainly all shipped to Europe?

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

I'm the geese getting the gently caress out of there in formation.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Played my 2nd tournament in 2 weeks, with a 3rd in a few days and I finally broke Top 100 in my province hell yeah!

My province hosted IFPA 15 this year and I only started playing half way through, so the ranking is both loaded with big names and the lofty point totals they got from that event + the surrounding ones. Hopefully next year I end up top 100!

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

I'm hating it for this exact same reason, I get my rear end kicked by it enough in my irl pinball league!

I was very thankful to see that when I joined that it had been cycled out

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Black Rose has some fuckin' ripping music too.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

my local, in Toronto, has one already. looking forward to playing it this weekend

You will play it Thursday night with me and you will enjoy it then :colbert: (god I need practice for the launch party tourny)

Right now I guess there is a scoring bug on the start of Munster Multiball, the hurry-up doesn't have a cap for the multiplier than can be put onto it (supposed to be 6x) and saw a video where it seemed like there was a 34x built up for that shot for loads of points.

Kouerson fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 5, 2019

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

anybody in here get into Pinburgh this year?

I got in! Refreshed right at noon and managed to score an entry for my first ever Pinburgh, going to proudly come last in the E division.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

It's not as bad as Wrestlemania and it has a pretty ok video mode.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

I think he just said Shame a lot and then maybe touched on Egghead

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

The pro not having the upper playfield is such hot garbage, but I have faith it'll still be fun because of Ritchie. Wonder what the price gap between Pro and Premium will be for it.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

The tune the plays after you cash a jackpot in Road Show is a banger. Very smart decision to just have it play for the rest of your ball.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

I like jack but I don’t know how he gets funding. The twitch numbers aren’t great.

I know other than like two machines, all his studio game are donated/lended to him. So that takes off cost, and he does a lot of stuff with Stern and others.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

boar guy posted:

2 tourneys today. i want that fucken $tern discount for a NIB Iron Maiden or possibly Deadpool early next year

and yeah fast break is great. one of the places i regularly play is trying their damndest to get a second one so they can link 'em up, which i've never actually seen before. my go to strategy is to try to shoot the left saucer and start the backglass flipper shooting, you can get 20 points or more from it regularly and without risking your ball

Guy in my area has two of them linked, its pretty fun! Timed four quarters where you're just battling away with the person next to you. When we're at his place pre-tournament its always a fun warm up.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

MarxCarl posted:

Anybody been to ReplayFX? I’m going Thursday and Friday this year and am wondering what to expect.

I'll be there! However it's my first Pinburgh + ReplayFX so I have no knowledge going in. Heard the free play bank is huge though.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Here's a fantastic video Escher did explaining how you could blow up that score with a Barn then CDC stack, using the Barn shots during CDC to up the value of it.

https://youtu.be/WdIArp3BW2g

And here's the spreadsheet he talks about.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rp-aHhAoBgZeGbZubuqGxEGINZcg__DDyAkrW2VN8rc/edit?usp=sharing

Had I known this when I was at NYCPC I might have cracked B division, ha

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

How many goes to finals generally speaking depends on attendance as well, so the bump to 6 could have been with a larger crowd than they expected. I've been at tournaments where you only really know how many people are going to make playoffs past the second round due to people coming late, etc.

The rough rule of IFPA is you can bring 50% into finals for it to climb towards 100% Tournament Grade Percentage

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

If anyone is going to Pinburgh, keep an eye out for a zine from Arcade Super Awesome in Columbus, Ohio. A friend and I did a small comic for it

Goddamn Pinbert, I'll def pick one of these up between getting my rear end kicked in E division!

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

TheMcD posted:

On a scale from 1 to 10, how That Guy am I for buying fingerless cycling gloves with padding on the palm to play pinball with? It seems like they really help on nudge-heavy games, not particularly making my play better, but making it so my hand doesn't hurt as much afterwards.

As someone who constantly has bruising from slap saves and nudges, a 1.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

I simply slam tilt the machine and leave the tournament after a rare but well earned red card

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

my apologies to everyone following me on Pindigo who has to wade through the dozens of scores I've been uploading every day from ReplayFX. Pinburgh was a blast, made C division, but didn't qualify for finals.

Same I made B, but couldn't pull out the finals. Didn't even think about throwing up all my scores onto Pindigo though

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

iospace posted:

So uh, this happened last night:

Thankfully it was at the start of the ball so I could shake it loose.

That's a really common place for it to stick on Deadpool, my local's sticks on the first O. Sucks, but couple of good wacks up top usually gets it loose.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

To live catch succesfully you have to flip and meet the ball at the apex of the flipper stroke, its pretty tricky but MM is a good machine to practice if the feeds are the same, though you could also try loop passing out of the orbits. Its basically drop catching the ball from an orbit angle, which then sends it over to the opposite flipper for a trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUj3Gel6zks

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

boar guy posted:

lol i went back and checked and the FB event says 'x players will make it to the finals'

i know the guy was trying to get everyone more TGP but a +1 guy getting in to the finals when the 4th place qualifier was +6 is bullshit in and of itself

even if they are trying to pump the TGP, a 2 hour frenzy is never gonna get anywhere close to 100% even with a six man final. place around here does a 2.5 hour frenzy where half (usually 16) make a 2/3 playoffs as a weekly, but that place is a general WPPR engine in my province

Booyah- posted:

$1 credits suck, I wanted to learn the big lebowski table but it's the only one in the bar set to $1. I wonder if the operators realize that the price just drives people away from the machine rather than recoup the cost faster, or if there's something else behind the scenes.

lebowski is crazy rare, so the $1 is sorta justified. here in :canada: everything is $1 base so it doesn't bother me when I'm down there.

Kouerson fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 22, 2019

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Pinside is a cesspool, just hang out at TiltForums. (Or here?? I guess??)

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

just nudge the machine you coward. you're not going to break it by giving it a smack.

you will however frequently blow up your index finger on slap saves (this is just me and its funny every time)

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Deviant posted:

GO TO FREE PLAY FLORIDA

I'd love to, pay for my airfare from Toronto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

my buddy loves loves LOVES Rick and Morty (he has a R+M vanity plate) and they announced the table JUST after he got a bleeding edge VR system. he's hoping there's some left by the time he can budget for one

Knowing him too, there's no way he doesn't move some of his machines if he has to. I assumed he was just going to get all 750.