Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

As someone who's only real, extended experience with pinball was Sonic Spinball on the Genesis and Pokemon Pinball on the GBC, which I suspect don't "count," I'm having a good time with Pinball FX2. I grabbed all the tables, even. I'm not so fond of the FX1 tables if only because they feel "dumbed down" compared to the newer ones, particulary with the lack of control when launching the ball. I think my favorite table is Rome, but I kind of suck at it, at least compared to some other tables.

I'm wondering if there's any reason to go into the table operator console thing. I tried looking around but most of the stuff there was very confusing. I "installed" very easy on one table and didn't notice any difference at all between that and normal.

It'd be nice to get more friends up and boost my wizard score, it's sitting at just under 5k. However, my friend list is full so I have to boot some goons to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Add me, fellow goons, GT is Robot Cousin.

Quick question, and I posed this to the XBLA thread as well... I have 800 points, so what would be the best option for me, as far as pinball DLC is concerned? I assume it would be the FX2 core table bundle, because it has all of the features of FX2 and whatnot, but is the Rocky & Bullwinkle table also FX2-built, or is that from FX1?

I've never been more confused about DLC goes with what ever before.

R&B lacks the new features. For 800 your best bet is the core bundle, it has all the best tables (IMO) anyway. The excalibur table is also really well worth looking at, but if your max is 800 you should go for the core so you get 4 tables instead of 1.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Heh, what now, dude who sent me a challenge on secrets of the deep? I totally just doubled your score. Wanna fight about it?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Has anyone actually got the abyss multiball in Secrets of the Deep? It seems like one of the most complicated pinball gimmicks I've seen, I don't think I've even locked two balls on it (out of three?).

This better be one loving amazing multiball.

I got it once. It was uh... it was exactly the same as any other multiball?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

I'm adding a bunch of you guys, feel free to send me adds too (gt Shiny Pidgey). I cleared out some slots on my list for more pinball bros.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Boxman posted:

Is it just me, or is the crane shot really hard to make on SotD? Not the target to light the crane, but to actually trap the ball and start it up. It's really annoying, because you need to hit that a fair amount to activate the last multiball on the table.

I always activate the crane every like 50 seconds on accident. The problem I have with the crane is that my brain never catches up to what's going on in time to move the ball into position.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Sizone posted:

For the "Bond" mode, when the rulesheet refers to the left saucer, what they mean is the sklitch (whatever the noise is when he deploys his claws) hole.

It's "Snikt!"

DUH.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

tendrilsfor20 posted:

I've always loved the Elvira pinball game (there were a few, I'm thinking of the one, "Monster Party" or something? The theme was throwing a party for monsters, with drinks in cauldrons and whatnot), it was the only one I ever played enough to get "good" at.

My question is, what is the best way to get a copy of this game? Do I have to wait for a pinball expo and drive to California and have it crated there, or should I dare with eBay/Craigslist?

And what am I looking at, price-wise?

I believe you're thinking of Elvira and the Party Monsters, and some quick googling found a pair for sale on ebay for about $2500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Obeast posted:

If I had to choose one pack between classic and Marvel, which one should I get?

That's a tough call, both packs are pretty good. Personally I think that overall the classic tables are stronger than the Marvel tables, but one or two of the Marvel blow the classic out of the water (and specifically, Blade is among my favorites).

Keep in mind that the classic tables lack a lot of the polish the newer ones have - they are straight ports of the tables from FX1, and that means they have less neat effects and generally feel more like "real" tables, as opposed to the cool pseudo-magical tables you see in FX2. On the flipside, the Marvel pack is full of horrible obnoxious soundclips and bad VA.

Really though, I'd say to grab the trial versions and try 'em out.