Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.
Voltaire just called me a show-off for getting three perfect 10s on an end-of-ball bonus in Cirqus Voltaire.

I love this table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Nudge and flip. You want to at least try to hit the ball with the tip so that you have a chance of changing its trajectory if not outright flipping it away - it'll be out of control depending on how late you hit the ball with the flipper, but it's better than sitting and letting it drain.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

The couple of tables I've played recently have been rather tight. Then again, the TAF I've played had an electric chair kickout that's outright murderous, and I didn't get much of a feel of the local ST:TNG or Tron Legacy yet.

Speaking of, for goons in the SE Michigan area, Pinball Pete's of Ann Arbor now has a Mustang table, one of the operators was busy working on restoring a GNR to at least working condition, and they'll be getting a Walking Dead table sometime in the near future.

Kliff fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 10, 2014

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Yeah, for AC/DC you probably want to start a game on Hell's Bells. Hit the bell three times for 2x, another 3 times while 2x is going for 3x, every bell hit resets the multiplier timer back to 20 seconds, a ball in the dish behind the bell gets you a trip to Hell (the lower playfield) every time you loop the major shots. That's probably the fastest way to start with big points.

Hell Ain't A Bad Place to Be is probably the easier Hell start, though, since you get a shot at Hell straight from the plunge.

If you're going for survival, don't stack multis. Album and Tour Multis are more lucrative if you're lucky than Jam is, because a jackpot involving the album or tour that the currently playing song was featured on will get you the Song Jackpot as an added bonus to the Multi Jack. So, if you're on Back in Black, and you get the right album from an Album Jack, you'll get the song jack too.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

I can confirm that FX3 tournaments are fully cross-platform at least.

Mostly because I managed to hop on and get a lucky Redline Mania jackpot to hit the top spot on my best game on tournament rules yet on Getaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

I actually had top spot for about a day or so but I never could extend good play into the multiple jacks I needed to reclaim it again, bleh.

White Water's gonna be a lot harder for me, even outside of Arcade mode that table is hard to get under control for me!