Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I've been loving me some of the Pinball FX2, got the orginal 4 and the new 4 tables. Looking to join the friends list of others so that I can get a good leaderboard going. My gamertag is: Tsietisin

Out of the new 4, Pasha is the one I enjoy the most, though I am having some difficulty with hitting all the places I need to. More practice I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I can hit it 95% of the time now (makes Wisdom almost as easy as Brains when you get the trick). You want to fire the ball so it goes fully round the outside twice and runs out of steam on the third time round when it is on the right of, and roughly level but very slightly above, the skillshot hole. Then a quick left nudge and it should jump in the hole.

If you want to get the skill shot without nudging, then the gauge should be 1 3/4 squares full of the green highlight. Release it there and the ball will do a perfect 1 1/2 rotations of the skillshot board.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I want all of those tables, I will be getting them the day they come out.

I only hope they don't charge premium for them though.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I only recently got myself Pinball arcade. Whereas most of the tables are wonderful and I love playing them, it seems like Black Hole is just an exercise in frustration and anger.

It comes over as being the most unfair pinball table I have come across.

Does anyone have any kind of tips that might make me get my score over the lofty heights of 200,000 points?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

What is up with those particular tables? I've not seemed to have had any issues with them.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Finally got Wizard on Black Hole, means I don't have to visit that table ever again.

One other thing that has suddenly changed in my mind is what actually can be done in one ball. Previously i had been of the opinion that only on games like Bride of Pinbot could you go far on a single ball.

That was until a few days ago when trying once again get to the last of the wizard goals on Theatre of Magic whereupon I was an absolute diva. For 30 minutes I didn't lose a ball, taking myself up to and completing the Grand Finale. I had smashed through all my previous scores, had several extra balls stored and sitting pretty.

Of course, I have not had a time like that again since that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I used to love playing pinball arcade but then I went and bought a new TV. Now I apparently have catastrophic lag when playing this game. It's only minute, but enough to let me know that the flippers are not flipping when I want them to.

I may have to try and get it on a different platform now.