Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

It's ok now, just tell me what happened...
You made the thread, you magnificent bastard!

GT: Zero Karizma

Let's get our loving Wizard Robes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

I'd love to give strategies, but damned if I know.

To contribute, from the other thread, an unanswered question for everyone:

What view mode do you guys like? I think View 3 is probably the best mix of being able to see what's going on up top, but giving you enough leeway to protect the bottom.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

God drat the Rome table is way too busy. Especially on the bottom where it goes "red mess crazy."

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

I didn't even realize that you could manually launch the ball with the right stick. I am a complete rear end.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

FishBulb posted:

You only can on the FX2 tables.

I was hoping that was the case. I mean, why would I have played so much FX1 but somehow never even thought to try that?

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

The General posted:

You can also get 500k skillshots from doing it too.

Yeah, that's what ultimately drove me to figure it out. There's a clear "use the power meter" skill shot on Pasha, but I kept assuming they meant the weird light up thing in front of the launcher. I thought it was timing-based.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Doggles posted:

I've been extremely impressed with both Pinball FX 2 and Williams Hall of Fame. Somehow none of my friends are pinball fans though. Looking for more people to add for Wizard Scores and leaderboard competition.

GT: Merely Whelmed

Same here. It's me and my gf who play, but everyone we try to convince on the sheer awesomeness of pinball acts like we're the most boring people in the world. Siiiiigh..

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Best optional non-core pack table to buy for 200 points?

Online it seems like every thinks Excalibur. Whatever you end up getting, I'll probably pick up too. I was eyeballing the other tables yesterday.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

FishBulb posted:

Mother fuckers be good at pinball

I was runnin' poo poo before I started to slow down and actually try to learn each tables rules. Now I'm panicking like an rear end and losing left and right. Still love it though.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

No of us have said it yet, but even though gotta get them wizard robes... this poo poo is hideous.

That makes sense of course. It's exactly the kind of outdated, loud poo poo that a champion pinball player would wear these days.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

That and I don't think it does fingers. Maybe it could pick up most of your arm flailing around but that's not something I care to do. At all.

I'm with you. There's no way I'd want that option. Now, if mad catz made a "Pinball arcade stick" well, then I'd be interested.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I bought pinball FX1 and killed a little time with it, but I've passed on FX2 since I didn't get into the first one enough. Is it significantly different in any way?

Well, it's significantly BETTER. But if you're looking for a super-accurate simulation, this probably won't do it for you. The tables definitely play up their video game-ness more than FX1. The ball is still a little light, so if that was one of your problems with FX1, it's still here. I do think the game is incredibly fun and well-made though.

Tasteful Bulge posted:

As for FX2, it's a free download, and your FX1 tables will carry over, so it's worth a try just for that. They say the physics are improved, but I'm not convinced. But then, I haven't bought the new tables yet.

You should absolutely try the new tables. They are far superior. The physics feel almost identical.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

JohnnySmitch posted:

^ I never bought FX1, but supposedly they improved the overall physics for all the tables. Also, the new FX2 tables have way more to do than the original ones - though I'm enjoying a few of the originals quite a bit too - they seem to be a little less distracting than all the flashiness of the new ones.

They probably did improve the physics, but damned if I can tell. That ball still flies like crazy.

The original tables were fun. I liked FX1 a lot, but I LOVE FX2.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

Wow thats awful

hahahaha it REALLY is. Why are we all trying so hard for this again?

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Desdinova posted:

Just found out the Mars and Paranormal tables are coming out as DLC for the 360, as well as a Marvel table. No dates as of yet though.

NICE!

quote:

Anyone got any tips for BioLab or Secrets of the Deep? Those are the 2 tables keeping my wizard score down (as well as SF2 but I don't play that much)

Aren't you one of those top 5 goons that are just shredding the rest of us in the scores? We want tips from YOU.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, I would KILL for an SA-related pinball table. I wish we could mod it or something.

"P-p-p-p-p-powershot!" "Hit Goatse for an extra ball!"

Speaking of overused Internet memes:

This idea is bad, and you should FEEL bad!

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

Agreed, but I would play the gently caress out of a Futurama pinball table.

Oh hell yes, so would I.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

This is great news. FX2 really is the new and improved Game Room.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

So first up, ya'll bitches know there's a tournament going on for Secrets of the Deep, right? Winner gets free Marvel Pinball.

Second:

How the gently caress do you get ball saves and multipliers in Secrets of the Deep? And what do I do when the crane has my ball? What the hell am I aiming for?

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

The General posted:

Also, I'm catching up to you people in a few tables. Most notably Rocky and BullWinkle. I now consider 110million to be an average game.

I have to get back into this game in earnest, but dammit all the AAA on-disc games just came out. I have a feeling I'll be playing FX2 for QUITE some time.

At the very least it seems like playing SotD on tourny mode adds a huge multiplier to your Superscore. So if anybody is having trouble getting those hideous wizard robes, now is the time.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Guess who just got his Official Captain Douchebag Robes?

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Obeast posted:

I just got done playing a couple rounds of Secrets, and I think I see how they calculate Wizard Scores, which makes me think that we're both right.

Your Wizard Score is your SuperScore plus your friends' combined SuperScores, which is multiplied by the number of tables you bought.

So, this is making me think that the people who have the robes probably bought most/all of the tables available.

Basically yeah. It's still awesomely hideous though.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Everyone else a month ago?

Ahhhhhhhh shaddup.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

YES. YES, YES, YES!

I am going to end up spending all my money on this god drat game.

(Yes.)

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Giant Bomb has just put up a half-hour Quick Look of the new Marvel tables:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-marvel-pinball/17-3567/

These new tables look fun. But Jesus Christ Jeff, tap out on Spiderman and get to the other tables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

So far I'm loving all 8 of the FX2 tables. I think Rome is still my least favorite. I'm LOVING these Marvel tables.

I'm going to agree with being pissed at loving Whiplash obscuring my goddamn ball, though.