Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

"I'm Howard Hurtz, who the $%!? are you?"

Not sure if it counts, but the intro for Monster Bash's Monsters of Rock mode is loving great

I did this today on PBA and had the dumbest smile on my face the whole time I had 5 balls. It was madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

[quote="T-Shaped" post="""]
- the callouts will not be macho man randy savage
[/quote]

He needs his own machine.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Anonymous Robot posted:

Something like this?

It's a really rare machine and apparently not super fun, but that's the only way I can imagine it being feasible.

Played this at The Las Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame and can confirm it is pretty meh.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

mattfl posted:

So another update on my cabinet. I'm probably 95% or so done with it. Very little left to do really.

First up a few pics

Inside of cabinet/Wiring

Game shot

And some quick videos

I'm using PinballX as my front end, this is what it looks like in attract mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tZPgYjB5HI

Here it is manually cycling through the tables

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bio6i1V--34

And here's a quick video of my playing World Cup Soccer '94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9joz2W8pUc

If you'll notice the sound of the flippers seem louder than normal it's because I have 2 24v Siemens contactors connected to a relay board for real force feedback. I have another 6 contactors on order to add 2 more for the slingshots near the flippers, 3 for the back right bumpers and another one for a bumper/slingshot on the left side of the playfield, should have them wired up this week.

Right now I've got 68 visual pinball tables installed, all of them DOF compatible, which means they are all integrated with the LEDs and force feedback toys and all are d2bs tables, which is the animated backglass system. I've also got the new visual pinball phys mod 5 installed, which is the newest version of visual pinball with updated physics models, which, one VP10 comes out will be in that version, there are about 10 tables in the cabinet running on that, the rest on the latest version of the regular visual pinball.

Basically what I have left to add are the remaining contactors, glass for the playfield and some sort of side art. I'm extremely happy with how it's turned out, I've already had 3 people ask how much to build them one, one of whom was my dad who really couldn't believe what he was playing, he loves pinball(I'm going to build him one for his birthday which is in april!) and everyone who has come over to play it loves it.

This is badass, wish I knew electronics and stuff.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

mattfl posted:

It's all pretty straight forward. If you can build a PC you could do this. :)

Is there a good place to find resources for projects like this?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Tony Phillips posted:

Pretty sure I'm done with Medieval Madness now. It's just stupid to play any game as long as this takes. Hit #23 on the boards, and it's absurd how high the scores above me are. Two goons being cases in point.

Wait, you can have friends in Pinball Arcade? Or is this another program?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere

Farsight on 13 January posted:

The fans have spoken! We will be adding the highly requested Xenon™ to your Pinball Arcade collection! http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/9402-Top-3-Showdown-Farsight-s-Official-Pre-1980-Poll

Looks pretty cool to me :)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Tato posted:

I kind of wish someone else with more resources and expertise would take things over though.

Like EA! :downs:

But seriously, what other game studio would be interested? At most they would get bought by a larger company and still operate as a studio within that. They need to hire more/better people, plain and simple, not change completely.

DevCore posted:

Yeah, I'm getting lots of dumb bugs with this update on my iPhone.

You don't say? :smug:

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 26, 2015

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Hey E-pinball guy! Why do your tables look so much higher resolution than mine? Are you using pinball mame or something else?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

mattfl posted:

Which e-pinball guy are you talking about?? I'm the one with the fullsize cabinet.

You , I saw your pics (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=439288509&forumid=44) and the tables look crisp and lovely, but on my screen they are less than lovely. Does it just depend on who made the art file?

I am using Visual Pinball 9.9 and using tables designed for VP9.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

As a Millennial I posted:

FYI, if anybody still hasn't bought Timeshock

I don't give a poo poo until it gets a Steam release. iOS pinball is pretty meh in my experience.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

TheMcD posted:

I spent most of the time trying to figure out how the gently caress to get to The Captain's Chair. Never managed to do so, and it still confuses me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-leprem-scoringprogression-strategys

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Still waiting for whatever this means...

Addam's Family Kickstarter posted:

We have also been hard at work creating an AWESOME custom pinball pack which we will be showing off in the coming days!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

Goin' Nuts Limited Edition

:barf:

I had an inquiry. Do the tables run the same physics package or do they tailor each table? I was playing Ripley's and it just seems "off."

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Duro posted:

but it closed down due to some municipal by-law which prohibits places from having more than 2 tables....I was so pissed off, it would have been perfect

To think, I thought Canada was a pretty chill place :saddowns:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

BiggerJ posted:

I haven't been keeping up. What did they do with the Pugsley and Uncle Fester art since they couldn't get the likeness rights? Great big gaps in the art where they used to be? Or if they're there, how good is the replacement art, and have they said whether they based it on anyone specific?

Approximations unfortunately:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Tony Phillips posted:

I enjoy the Hell out of TPA and roll my eyes at most of the complaints. It's nothing like real life pinball, but it's a lot of fun for what it is. (And it's a great way to learn a table on the cheap.)

Another argument is you can play all the tables and more on a pinball emulator. I prefer TPA myself since Visual Pinball seems "more off" to me. Obviously, nothing beats IRL pinball. Even a moderately upkept table is better than the best emulation.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I never played a real getaway, but after watching the original promo video I need to rectify that.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Tony Phillips posted:

Local pinball guy posted this on facebook the other day. It's hypnotizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_UCpuE4qZo&t=485s

So awesome. I love finds like these.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I am planning a trip to Chicago for some Pinball tourism. What are some must-sees? Does Stern do factory tours? Any goons want to meet up at a barcade or something?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The Kins posted:

Zen Studios posted this image on Twitter.

Commence speculation.

HALF LIFE 3!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Clouseau posted:

KISS photos are out and that machine looks way better than it has any right to:

These are the LE photos, there's the same photos of the pros in the facebook post.

Thought they just did a wrestling table?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'd rather have a lovely pinball maker than no pinball maker myself.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Wow, those are bad.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Sort of feels like they're pushing customers away from the Pro model. Can't remember as huge a discrepancy as this when it came to the models.

The walking dead was a big difference for me. Once you play the LE, you don't want to play the others.

edit: I called GoT for their next machine when I went to tour the Stern factory. All they did was cheese when asked what licenses I would like to see.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Clouseau posted:

IGN did a write up with a bit of an interview on GOT here.

Nothing really new in there except for this:

For a long long time TPA and Stern were saying they were working together on something. Looks like they might have Farsighted it up.

Ugh, Zen has terribad physics.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Clouseau posted:

I really severely doubt that Stern has any interest in supporting virtual cabs.

I think the virtual cab market and the real market don't overlap as much as you think. I would never buy a pinball machine, but I would gladly buy a virtual cabinet. As I am sure people with real pinball machines would balk at a digital cabinet as opposed to a real machine. Why not tap both markets?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So is Frankenstein hard or do I suck bad?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Der-Wreck posted:

It also features one of the best starting callouts BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD CATS

Lol, that poo poo gets old fast

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'm really liking this Judge Dredd table more than I thought I would.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Dr. Who pin is pretty fun. Here's to hoping enough suckers were born to back the Kickstarter.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Inferior Third Season posted:

And when FarSight starts running out of quality tables in the next few years,

They partnered with Stern to do modern tables with the possibility of co-releasing. They aren't running out of tables for a while. The only thing I could see making an issue is if Zen has an e-pinball exclusivity license for all those comic pinball tables or Walking Dead, Family Guy, etc. where there is a Stern version and a Zen version of the same IP.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Clouseau posted:

At long last the Timeshock remake is on Steam early access. Per the steam page it's stable and playable, just not feature complete yet (no cab support yet, but its on the way).

So I assume "Pro Pinball" is an ecosystem that will be populated by tables or am I just buying Timeshock for my 14.99? The Web, Timeshock!, Big Race USA, and Fantastic Journey are all considered Pro Pinball tables.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I tried to do a comparison of TPA seasons using IPDB and I came to the conclusion that the users on there aren't very good at rating games. All games are pretty much 7-8 rating.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Have some free ePinball codes!

Pinball FX2 - Star Wars™ Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=yGqq3Zv7sKUAVXp6

Pinball FX2 Iron & Steel Pack
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=YZWFS7V6PMDHnfFt

Pinball FX2 - Base game and Civil War Table
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=K2GDwSFmfCfb25Wa

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Awesome! posted:

are they all individual codes? all i want is ant man and rebels but if i can give away the rest maybe ill get it

Yeah, those are individual codes.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

Also Circus Voltaire is a great game. Easily one of my favorites.

If I were to buy one pin to play forever it might be Cirqus. The play isn't terribly deep, but drat is it fun and catchy. The other contender is Walking Dead with ALL THE TOYS.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 6, 2016

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

"Baaaaaaad caaats"

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I wish there was enough of a scene here to have a meta :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Pinball Arcade is now free for Android devices through Amazon Underground with the following tables:

Genie
Attack From Mars
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Twilight Zone
Scared Stiff
Big Shot
Elvira and the Party Monsters
No Good Gofers
Taxi
Harley Davidson
Black Knight
Creature from the Black Lagoon