Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Entropic posted:

Yep. Be aware that the Cycling deck can just dome you for 10 out of nowhere for the win. If you see them just cycling absolutely everything, even creatures you'd think they should just be casting, start counting their graveyard and your life total.

Discard is surprisingly strong against cycling - once you think they're holding a flare (which can be pretty obvious), just chuck a memory leak at it. I've won two games I had no rights winning by doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditto_Face
Aug 19, 2020
Wanted to bother everyone here for advice regarding double masters draft! Got invited to one next week and want to be prepared.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Just went 7-0 in arena cube with this absolutely disugsting Esper control deck (splashing for Tibs 'cause why not).

Arena cube has been a blast lately, especially since the Nega Cube was kind of a let down. Have to try the MenguCube still but arena-cube definitely scratching an itch.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Arena cube is great because you get a bunch of people cutting each other hard forcing big green, which leaves the other colours massively open to create obscene decks.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
3 drafts into MH2 the set plays really well so far, tons of decision making and fun combos. Just won a game draining my opponent for 24 by looping the 5 mana wizard with Riptide Lab.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I haven't played Magic since March 2020, have there been any really good Limited formats lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Creatures are all too powerful and thus you can never stumble or block any more but otherwise yea they've been fun at least. I think Crimson Vow was the last truly crappy limited set. New Capenna was a let down, but other than those two I don't think you can go wrong.