Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«175 »
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The fact that PC gamers not only like, but defend favourably comparing themselves to history's most infamous genocidal supremacists as a positive attribute to aspire to says everything you need to know about gamer culture.

Fuck your Master Race, I'm the PC Antifa.

Methanar posted:

How are you supposed to watch hockey or the news in western canada without cable.

My basement renter suddenly decided that he wants to watch these things, but everything I'm looking at for how to do that is a pile of poo poo. He thinks he wants to go out and buy an Apple TV stick or whatever

Telus is my service provider

The streaming service NHL Gamecenter- renamed (exclusively in Canada! ) Rogers NHL LIve™ doesn't require a TV sub, though it does black out local games... unless they're in the playoffs. :edmonton tear:

https://nhllive.rogers.com/en/support-faqs It's on the last two console gens, and Chromecast/etc. supported.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at Feb 2, 2018 around 01:48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

It always was

Mister Facetious posted:

The streaming service NHL Gamecenter- renamed (exclusively in Canada! ) Rogers NHL LIve™ doesn't require a TV sub, though it does black out local games... unless they're in the playoffs. :edmonton tear:

https://nhllive.rogers.com/en/support-faqs It's on the last two console gens, and Chromecast/etc. supported.

Went through that thing and it's trash. I can't even login, the website throws me into an infinite loop trying to login. Including in incognito mode in case it was a cookie issue. Also it contradicts itself multiple times with occasionally saying you must have a rogers service to watch the NHL, and other places saying you don't.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The fact that PC gamers not only like, but defend favourably comparing themselves to history's most infamous genocidal supremacists as a positive attribute to aspire to says everything you need to know about gamer culture.

Fuck your Master Race, I'm the PC Antifa.

Methanar posted:

Went through that thing and it's trash. I can't even login, the website throws me into an infinite loop trying to login. Including in incognito mode in case it was a cookie issue. Also it contradicts itself multiple times with occasionally saying you must have a rogers service to watch the NHL, and other places saying you don't.

Well, it works on my PS4 and 360, and I haven't had Rogers since before their NHL exclusivity deal.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 3, 2001

College Slice

http://www.news1130.com/2018/02/15/...kforce-buyouts/

whoops

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

And I'm only saying this because I care.

There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Fun Shoe

"gently caress this place, I'm out!"

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

TASTE MY WRATH

Lmao I'd take the buyout too if I worked there

Coxswain Balls
Jun 3, 2001

College Slice

https://globalnews.ca/news/4027883/...onto-star-isnt/

I know that Shaw Media was spun off a couple years ago, but lol they shook

edit: wait, wtf

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at Feb 15, 2018 around 18:10

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

So is the newspaper not Shaw proper?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.

Fun Shoe

The sheer amount of cash the Star dumped into their tablet project was staggering. With usage stats and sales for tablets down YoY since like 2013, it really made no sense even when they started it.

I do feel bad for print media though, the majority of their content just gets "indexed" by Google and Facebook who somehow get all of the ad revenue now despite producing nothing themselves.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 3, 2001

College Slice

Volguus posted:

So is the newspaper not Shaw proper?

Global used to be owned directly by Shaw, but was sold to Corus, which is also owned by the Shaw family.

The Toronto Star has absolutely nothing to do with Shaw.

It looks like the caption was fixed, but it's more or less a snipe at the Toronto Star for, I dunno, posting this morning's press release? And whatever old man/automated machine that makes their articles malfunctioned for a moment.

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree

Coxswain Balls posted:

Global used to be owned directly by Shaw, but was sold to Corus, which is also owned by the Shaw family.

The Toronto Star has absolutely nothing to do with Shaw.

It looks like the caption was fixed, but it's more or less a snipe at the Toronto Star for, I dunno, posting this morning's press release? And whatever old man/automated machine that makes their articles malfunctioned for a moment.

It's kind of funny how they're spinning this "well only 1/4 of our workforce took this and we entirely expected this" ... Well, you only offered it to roughly half of them and over half of those people offered took the deal.

Working in customer service in Shaw/Freedom? Chances are you'll be getting offered the deal next.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 3, 2001

College Slice

I'm still a little bummed because I like my work, my team is awesome and so is all of my direct leadership. It's just that when you get a sudden message like the ones you all have been seeing in the news from the company president, you ultimately have to look out for what's best for yourself and your family.

The severance definitely cushions the blow of such a sudden change in your life. It's been really exciting to hear what everyone's plans are gonna be for the future, so kudos to the company for not just doing a mass layoff.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

What I'm not looking forward to is getting stuck waiting and working 12 months for my payout while they scramble to try to figure out how they're going to let us all go without severely hampering customer service.

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree

Yeah, nothing like being able to plan, right? You're probably not far wrong regarding that 12 months number anyway since half the people in charge of developing said "digital" customer service apps have taken the package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

I was already thinking of hopping from Freedom to another discount carrier because of some weird service issues the last month or two. This is giving me a definite nudge to go through with that.

«175 »