Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«178 »
Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

And I'm only saying this because I care.

There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Fun Shoe

Coxswain Balls posted:

500Mbps down + 500 Mbps up = Gigabit

Lol like Rogers can offer that much upload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its quite amazing that Rogers is so completely putrid that they manage to make Bell look like a respectable company. Their blatant false advertising rivals Apple. We had fibe when I was a student about 5 years ago, and Rogers came along offering this "hybrid" fibre. We were getting 50/50 I think at the time, this was 50/10. Was much cheaper, so I said gently caress it, we'll give it a try. Just throttled everything. The internet was completely useless. Reached out to their tech support, got some copy paste poo poo about how they are proven to be #1 in this and that. Not to mention, I was away when the tech came to hook us up, but there was coax strewn literally across the living room floor like some kind of child might do. We had them for 2 months and went back to Bell. Then finally got our first bill, for $2000. I hadn't returned any of their gear as they hadn't told me how or when. Brought it all back, that reduced our bill to $400 for 2 months of what was supposed to be a $89/mo plan. I never ever gave them 5 cents and its written off on my credit history now thankfully. Oh, did I mention how those red bastards single handedly, completely and irreparably ruined hockey broadcasting in Canada? As campy and bad as TSN has gotten, Sportsnet really is the WCW to TSN's WWF.

On the same note, Bell's DSL around here is "up to" a whopping 10mbps, the most I've seen anybody get is 8, most get 5 or less. Seen some get less than 1. Out my way theres no Fibe, heard so many different takes on it. But gf actually worked for them briefly and apparently its just at a standstill. But at least there's Eastlink who offers at least 100mbps and up to 940, but unfortunately at that speed still is only 10mbps up. And the tech who set me up said the one guy who opted for the 940 actually slowed down everyone else around him. I dunno, gf lives on youtube and I'm always at something, gaming, downloading or something, and the 100mbps minimum package we get is fine, just wish we had a bit more upload bandwidth. I dunno what I'd do with loving gigabit. Young dialup me would enjoy downloading 100 gigs in however long that takes.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Out of morbid curiosity I decided to hit up NCIX in google and it looks like their site is still up.

I still have "fond" memories of trying to order a 8700 through them, Christ was that a mistake. Thankfully I managed to get my refund through before they declared bankruptcy but that was not a fun time.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Out of morbid curiosity I decided to hit up NCIX in google and it looks like their site is still up.

I still have "fond" memories of trying to order a 8700 through them, Christ was that a mistake. Thankfully I managed to get my refund through before they declared bankruptcy but that was not a fun time.

Same, I had just ordered a case prior to their bankruptcy and it was such a pain. Ended up having to go through my credit card company for the charge back and it took months.

Made me hesitant to order even from places like Canada computers.

mewse
May 2, 2006

NCIX had a sign on their door telling people to do those chargebacks with their credit card

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mewse posted:

NCIX had a sign on their door telling people to do those chargebacks with their credit card

Originally they were telling people to go pick up the merch in Richmond warehouse which A) I could never get confirmation that my stuff was actually there and B) fuuuuuuuck driving to Richmond at the best of times.

Tangerine MC took about 2.5 months to do the chargeback so I was pretty ticked off with them too, and am on the lookout for a new CC/banking provider but they’re all poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

I wonder what happens if you order from their site. I assume the money just goes into the ether.

«178 »