Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«181 »
Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

In fun news. Roger's is putting in new fiber lines on our street

Promising to make the work quick and painless and tbe crews would even return all landscaping to pristine condition after they're finished

Day 1 they managed to drill right through the main coax for the street.

And now on day 3 there is a massive trench running outside, about 5 feet deep and 3 feet wide

This will be fun to watch unfold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

Blue On Blue posted:

Promising to make the work quick and painless and tbe crews would even return all landscaping to pristine condition after they're finished

And now on day 3 there is a massive trench running outside, about 5 feet deep and 3 feet wide

Welcome to lowest bidder subcontracting.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm high speed, low drag; Oscar Mike to be OP in the AO, in the deepest, most tactical Black Ops Multiplayer to date.

cowofwar posted:

That always manages to somehow go overbudget...

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

cowofwar posted:

It's funny because for the past month, we've had at least 5 different locators on the street, they marked the water/gas/etc lines at least 3 different times, because it kept getting washed away by rain or other water

But they neglected to locate the coax that they were running parallel to

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

BellMTS' new return policy for equipment is you can't drop it off in store, they send you a shipping label and ask you to box it up with bubble wrap so it doesn't get damaged and drop it off at the post office. If they don't get it within 10 days of the day THEY send you the label they threaten to send you a collections letter. gently caress Bell

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at Oct 3, 2018 around 20:47

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm high speed, low drag; Oscar Mike to be OP in the AO, in the deepest, most tactical Black Ops Multiplayer to date.

Won't lie, thats a pretty clever scam.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

DariusLikewise posted:

BellMTS' new return policy for equipment is you can't drop it off in store, they send you a shipping label and ask you to box it up with bubble wrap so it doesn't get damaged and drop it off at the post office. If they don't get it within 10 days of the day THEY send you the label they threaten to send you a collections letter. gently caress Bell

So glad Pallister let Bell buy MTS. Just turbo-hosed Manitobans for the rest of time.
I mean, I moved to Ontario 7 years ago, so I'm already getting hosed, but moving home is in the plans, and a non-horrible cell plan would have been nice.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Blue On Blue posted:

Update:

They knicked the main natural gas line , causing the entire street to be shut down for a few hours , and gas service to the house to be shut down for 24 hours

And that was a week ago , we've since had 3 times that they have had to shut off hydro and gas at the same time .... I wonder why

They're still digging up the street too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

slidebite posted:

Hey, question to ask you guys that are more in the know than me. Might not be the best thread for it, but someone here might know.

My folks will be house-sitting for us late this summer when we are gone for a couple weeks. The problem I have is I cut the cord for TV literally 10 years ago, and my folks are old and still love watching TV. They have Telus Optic TV, and while I obviously don't, I do have 250/250 FTTH Telus as my ISP at my place and I have my place wired with CAT5 in every room.

Anyone know if the folks can simply bring their Telus TV box to my place, plug it into my network and get their TV service?
Thought I'd respond to my own post from a few months ago in case some of you are curious.

I have Telus Fibre 300/300 at my house and my folks did bring their Telus Optik TV box with them just to try.. because why not.

I plugged it into my RJ45, and it worked like a hot drat. No issues at all. They got their full TV access no problems with my network. Interestingly enough, if someone tried calling their house in St. Albert while they house-sat for us (we're just outside of Lethbridge) they got their caller ID displayed on the TV as well.

I also checked data usage and it appears it didn't use any data on my plan at all.

«181 »