Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the instrument of man's contempt for his fellow man, forever

Welcome to the wild and wonderful world of gigabit internet!

e: Everything I've seen says the Technicolor is a better modem, so good call there. I had the CODA because that's what Rogers provided with the service. It was fine in bridge mode, but there were plenty of horror stories about it even with the later revisions

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oh wicked looks like TSI literally updated their availability for me today - last I checked my address only had access to the 300mbps package.

Glad you called that out, I thought I was gonna be forced to give rogers money to get those sweet jiggabits

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

I asked ebox for install info last week, they never got back to me. Would recommend

Coxswain Balls
Jun 3, 2001

College Slice

Shaw's supposedly upgrading people on plans that are 300Mbps+ to upload that is 10% of the advertised download speed over the next week or two for 80% of their footprint. The 300 plan goes from 15Mbps up to 30, the 750 plan goes from 20 to 75, and the 1Gbps plan goes from 25 to 100.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

I wonder when those of us that live in Ontario will be able to look forward to such upgrades.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yeah, I'll be impressed if they roll that out in my area, which, last I checked, they considered an "outlying region" because it's on the wrong side of the Fraser River.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Court rejects Bell, Rogers appeals of CRTC decision on internet wholesale rates

TSI comments on reddit

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah, I'll be impressed if they roll that out in my area, which, last I checked, they considered an "outlying region" because it's on the wrong side of the Fraser River.

I mean, Langley's not an outlying region. I'd say if you were in like.. the suburbs of Chilliwack you'd be *possibly* an outlier, but if you were told that, I'm not sure why.

Regardless, you'll be getting the upstream bump in the near future like everyone else (good thing you asked for that new modem). They're doing it a batch at a time.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

TekSavvy demands immediate refund from Bell, Rogers after FCA rejects Ďdubiousí appeals of CRTC wholesale rate decision

quote:

TekSavvy expects that the CRTC will once again direct the large carriers to file updated tariffs with the corrected final rates and to refund monies owed, consistent with the CRTCís prior direction before the Stay. Until that outstanding balance is paid, in full, TekSavvy will be applying the amounts owed, with interest, as a monthly credit on the wholesale fees charged by Bell and Rogers.

hoho

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013
ASK ME ABOUT NOT TIPPING DELIVERY DRIVERS, OR ABOUT MY DIET OF CANNED BABY CORN AND CHICKEN NUGGETS

What exactly does this mean? That teksavvy is owed a refund of the difference in what they were charged and what the court decided to be fair. Teksavvy will be taking this difference, adding some interest, and then subtracting the difference from what they will be paying the carrier?

That is to say, Teksavvy is just unilaterally giving bell and rogers less money than the invoices state, even if bell and rogers don't update their invoices?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Pretty much. Bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them or Bell and Rogers decide to just cut off Teksavvy and leave all their customers in the lurch then fight it out in court.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the instrument of man's contempt for his fellow man, forever

Yeah... That's putting a lot of faith in the notion that they won't just terminate the services for nonpayment or breach of contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

Iím guessing Teksavvy will actually dodge around a bit and have the withholding be about their legal fees, which the court said bell/Rogers has to pay, or will be a discount applied such that the monthly amount paid isnít affected but there are some big red lines on the statement.

Nobody can see these so itís all PR anyway.