Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

odiv posted:

Sadly they didn't ask about pricing, just speed and availability, which has been adequate.

Does it count as availability if it's not affordable to everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martytoof
Feb 25, 2003

Going to kind of close the loop on my own question -- apparently Bell has no problem with me maintaining three PPPoE logins on my service. HH3000 is authenticated, my old EdgeRouter is using a PPPoE login and has been assigned a public IP. and now my UDM-Pro is using another PPPoE login and has a different public IP so I can configure it at my leisure before I plug all my home stuff into it.

Pretty badass TBH. Theoretically I could just run two separate networks if I really wanted.

No speed problems on the UDM-Pro. I know PPPoE authentication to HH3K via UDM-Pro used to result in speed decreases for some folks. I'm paying for 1000/750 and I'm getting 950/770 over two or three successive speed tests which is easily within margin of what I'd expect. Pretty happy all around.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

slidebite posted:

Hey, long shot question and I'm asking here only because it's :canada: specific:

Anyone recommend a place for buying off-lease computers in Canada? Looking for something like a Lenovo all-in-one. I've got one for work (covid home office) and Mrs. Slidebite likes it.. and her 2500k might finally be dying (I think motherboard issues), so I'll be looking at a new one and a new monitor to replace her ancient VGA unit anyhow.

Otherwise, maybe a mini attached to the back of a monitor with a VESA mount, but I like the all-in-one idea.

Intel 6+ i5 would probably be ideal if we're looking for specifics.

A bit late, but memory express resells old mini/sff PCs for pretty cheap. (330$ for i5-6500t)