Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
I keep seeing ads for Shaw internet in Hamilton, have they expanded out now? (this isn't Shaw Hamilton/Shaw Cable I think)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
Anyone currently with Start Communications? (https://www.start.ca)

I just cancelled my Cogeco internet (FINALLY) to go with these guys, a quick googling shows that people are pretty happy with their service. Same speed, higher cap and $13/month cheaper too so I'm not sure if this is just an awesome deal or too good to be true.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
Hey guys, Bell is offering unlimited internet to everyone* for $10/month!**

*New residential customers only
**$10/month if subscribed to phone/internet/TV, price goes up to $30/month otherwise

This is progress right?

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
Just switched to Start yesterday after almost a decade with Cogeco. Had to go without access for the day due to someone from Cogeco actually picking up their modem/equipment (they gave us a box to ship it back to them but I guess they really wanted their poo poo back). After 5pm the Start modem started working and now I don't have to worry about my monthly limit anymore since 250GB is more than generous for me. Start called this morning to ask if the switch went smoothly which was nice of them.

Also, the CRTC has announced that they'll reveal their decision regarding capacity based billing (CBB/UBB) rates this week. Some people are seeing Bell and Rogers (and now Videotron too apparently) offering unlimited internet as a sign that the decision doesn't go in their favour. It'll be an interesting week regardless.