Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Just got set up at my dad's. Not bad, all things considered, including the fact that this is Winnipeg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

We've got all of Mad Men, though, and apparently they don't in the States.

Small comfort, but with lovely Canadian Netflix you have to take what you can get.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Not much louder, with that much of a landslide. :suicide:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Space Cadet posted:

I live in Winnipeg and maybe it is some sort of installer shangrila but are there honestly multi-month waiting lists? When we first moved in we called MTS 2 days before and they were there on day one, later when we switched to shaw it was next day. The longest we have ever had to wait for a service call is 2 days unless service was out altogether and then it was same day. I can't imagine either ISP taking that long, but perhaps it is because we still have a provider choice that they hustle the way they do. I feel badly when I read some of these delay/horror stories.

Yeah I dunno what the hell, I have never had to wait for an installer at all, I book about a week in advance and I get them there on move-in day... I have to rush to get there before them, even.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Tried all the rebooting, direct connection to the computer and niente. Using Netgear WNDR3700 with Motorola SB5102 modem. Friend in Calgary said hers was down. This in Winnipeg up in the Maples.

Seems to be working fine over in St James. I'll take a look when I get back home but my IRC connections from there are still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I'm over in Silver Heights and I have no speed problems whatsoever, but hearing that gives me some pause-- I'm looking at moving downtownish/osborne villagey soon.