Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Any idea how this affects BellAliant in the maritime provinces?

If it was a few years ago, it wouldn't matter since BellAliant was just in name with Bell and management really never had much say with the services in the Atlantic Canada. Nowadays, they will most likely shall follow suit with the rest of the company since they basically removed Bell Aliant's control of cell phone service to Bell Mobility in Toronto, and are currently going to move the Internet portion into Bell Firbe Ops' control since they been aggressively been trying to get customers Rogers didn't touch.

So Atlantic Canada are going to be hosed.....as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

I just love how BellAliant gives a giant "gently caress you" to anyone in Apartments or Renting. In addition to paying a month ahead, they charge you a extra $10 a month for not being in a permanent residence and a $50 dollar fee for Apartment Setup since it requires "special techniques" to activate the service. I'm going to stick with Rogers regardless of the caps they have since they are not trying to gut me for living in a loving apartment building.

TacticalHoodie fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 24, 2010

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

mik posted:

I'm home in PEI for a week and I cannot believe my parents have access to better internet than me in Montreal.

30/30 fibre to the door (a 110 year old house), 250GB a month for $79, free installation.

With loving Bell. The mind boggles.

Bell Aliant is pretty much the cat's rear end when it comes to telecoms in Atlantic Canada. When I dropped Rogers, my newfie sales rep gave me a retention deal on 7/1 Unlimited DSL to help me "ease with my pain and suffering" and the tech support is from my hometown in New Brunswick.