Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThawedGladiator
Aug 29, 2008
Bell sucks so bad it boggles the mind. I recently cancelled my Bell services (phone and internet) and moved to Rogers - I couldn't be happier. I told Bell to go to hell after a solid month+ of unbelievable screwups which started with outages (both services) lasting as long as five days (unacceptable on its own, obviously) and ended with unauthorized credit card charges being applied to my account after being assured by billing support that my pre-auth'd payments were changed to monthly invoicing.

I can't tell you how many support calls I made on these issues and how many fantastically incompetent people I spoke with.

I filed complaints with the BBB and the CRTC. The CRTC, even though they don't deal with ISP complaints, do deal with issues involving potential impact to emergency services. Because my phone line was down for days they agreed to help me on the basis of no phone = no access to 911. They tried, over the course of a full workday, to contact Bell's executive office and told me they could not get a live person on the phone no matter how they navigated the phone menu -- this was my experience also. The only way to contact the exec office, it seems, is via email.

The BBB is still working my complaint. My bank refunded Bell's charges at my insistence.

I will never, ever deal with Bell again for any reason. Ever. EVER. I hate them. Their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced, their agents don't take case notes (even though they say they do), emails to the executive office go unanswered for weeks, scheduled service appointments are ignored (on multiple occasions this happened), it's just a litany of incompetencies.

I've had occasion to call Rogers support a few times and they actually know what they're doing. Bonus - there's actually a good possibility you'll get a Canadian tech on the line as opposed to someone offshore.

BELL IS HELL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThawedGladiator
Aug 29, 2008

Cryptic Edge posted:

Yeah, if I was restricted like the Canadians, I'd be paying probably close to 2k in bandwith bills. For me to queue up a TB to download in a night is common.

I bow down before the awesomeness of your vast collection of bytes. You must be very proud.