Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

I just moved into a new apartment and transferred my start.ca cable internet, but already I'm having problems and the Rogers tech told me that there's noise on the line, which I'm not eager to deal with. I noticed that the previous tenants had a bell fibre line installed; are there any quality fibre resellers yet? I'm eager to get fast and reliable fibre internet, less eager to deal with bell salespeople and prices. Location is Toronto if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Bieeanshee posted:

Rogers is giving the dog a thorough... rogering tonight, apparently.

I know, and in the middle of SGDQ, too!

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/startca/status/1144775138317144065

Rogers twitter account is busy as a bee as well.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Did some CRTC action go down today? I got bumped on my start.ca connection from 150mbps to 250mbps at no cost

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Any advice on getting a good deal on bell fibre? I'm thinking I'm gonna switch over pretty soon. My internet's still down and my connection's been flakey enough lately that I already wanted to switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Do people have recommendations for a cable modem/router these days? I'm with start.ca. I purchased mine from them about 8 years ago and they seem to disconnect from each other even though they're both functioning fine, so I have to unplug and plug their cable. Probably about time to think about replacing them.