Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweeter99
Nov 8, 2016
Yeah, Tumbler Ridge is definitely a podunk town. I worked in the area for a summer job a few years ago. The grocery store was the worst I have seen to date. I would recommend sticking to the frozen/dry food since the bakery and produce sections frequently had multiple rotting items on the shelf. I'm certain the only reason they were able to stay in business was because it was the only grocery store in town and it was a minimum 1 hour one way drive to the next nearest grocery.

In 2019, they had another 15 minutes of fame when HBO hid a real world throne from Game of Thrones just outside of Tumbler Ridge. https://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-thrones-hid-real-thrones-around-the-world-and-all-6-have-been-found/

Goes to show how obscure/podunk Tumbler Ridge is when HBO looked at it and figured it's a great hiding place to put one of the six thrones out of all of the possible places in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU