Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

whiskas posted:

The days of posting threads like

I went to a bikini convention [56K Warning]

will now be

I went to a bikini convention [Canada Warning]

loving pathetic.

It'd be funny if it weren't already true. I wanted to watch a stream today but since I only have about 5gb left until the 3rd I wanted to find a lower quality option. There wasn't one, so gently caress it I guess I'll be unentertained!

I remember paying about a $100 overage back in the heyday of Napster when I had no concept of acceptable bandwidth use. I never thought I'd see those days again. Thanks CRTC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

There's no comprehensive list of Canadian ISPs by region and what they offer, is there? The only options I know of in Winnipeg are Shaw and MTS and as far as I can tell they're basically the same.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Junubee posted:

MTS was with the smaller ISPs to fight this change, and I haven't seen anything that states MTS will be switching to UBB yet. If there's info, let me know, because I'm too worried to look. :ohdear:

I emailed them a few days ago asking if they plan to implement UBB and this was the response they gave me

quote:

MTS has discussed the possibility of also implementing a Cap on usage
or downloading, however they have only been discussions. I don't have
any information to provide in which this will change. If we were to
implement such a change, all customers would be notified with a
minimum 30 day notice.

So it's not really conclusive, but seems probable. Hopefully they see a chance to get some more customers and offer something like a 100gb cap to Shaw's 60.

It's just so frustrating that we are being completely hosed over and nobody else either gives a poo poo or even knows about it.