Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tropical
Aug 14, 2003
Ahh say whut?

Lt. Jebus posted:

Eastlink out here in Atlantic Canada doesn't track bandwidth use yet, but much like Shaw they state they will start soon, although from the sounds of it their cap of 250GB/Month for their 30 and 100mbps tiers is pretty generous [compared to what most of you have to deal with anyway]. More troubling is that they state they will charge 1$/GB overage with no mention of any cap on total overage fees.

Whats even more generous is that their DOCSIS 1.1 plans (15 and 5mbps) are specifically exempted from any upcoming bandwidth caps. I guess they figure that they only need to go after "power users" which will naturally gravitate towards the higher tiers. It also explains why their 30mpbs plan is so reasonably priced compared to their lower tiered plans.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Eastlink is going to cap overage fees somewhere in the ballpark of $20, but I can't for the life of me remember where, so I can't provide a source. I could be completely wrong.

I'm still pretty impressed with Eastlink 15 - I regularly get download speeds up to 1.8MB/s and I've had no troubles streaming Netflix in HD/5.1 to my PS3. A friend of mine recently upgraded to Eastlink 30 and said that on average his download speeds are now actually slower :S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU