Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calabi-Yau
Feb 1, 2005
...them 11 dimensions aren't big enough for the both of us...

Optimus Prime Ribs posted:

I imagine TekSavvy isn't going to be a great company anymore, or at least going to get significantly affected by this.

Teksavvy is still worth doing business with. Here is why:

- You can't get a static IP from Rogers or Bell, unless you choose "Business Class Service", which is identical to residential, except for the size of the bill and the static IPs.

- Tech support for Teksavvy is still in Canada, and actually has trained, knowledgable people on the phone.

- Teksavvy doesn't give a crap if you want to share your connection with your neighbors.

- Teksavvy allows you to run servers.

- You can get a static IP for $5 a month at Teksavvy.

- They aren't Rogers or Bell. I don't know of one Rogers or Bell customer that is actually happy with their billing or service.

In conclusion, a great company isn't about how much technology they can wield. It's really about how they go about their business, how they treat their customers, and how they conduct themselves in the industry. Based on those metrics, Teksavvy is a GREAT company.

I think they will still be affected, but it isn't going to sink their core business, not by a long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU