Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Just got the BB100 plan today.

Woop Woop, tha's the soun' ah me modem on fy-ah.

Here's high speed extreme, for comparison:

At least I only pay $22/mo! Maybe there will be some sweet student plans for the really high speed connections this September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Shaw might be evil and all, but really fast internet for $23/mo when your other options are on the order of $60+/mo is basically impossible to pass up. Do you know if they have any deals on the new, faster plans?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Rawrbomb posted:

I would kill for you're upload. I'm on a 15/1 and we're reguarlly getting 30~, but we never get much more upload :(

Isn't any sort of speed like 30mbps just the result of powerboost?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Rawrbomb posted:

Possibly, i've seen spikes into the 60mbps range for a few seconds and then down to 20-30 sustained though.

I can easily sustain 2~ MBps down total on large number of trasnfers with my speed remaining mostly useable for browsing/yt.

Well, yes. 2MBps is 16Mbps, so that's to be expected. You almost certainly aren't getting 30+Mbps.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Come on, you're paying for 100/5, not 86/4.8. Hold those companies accountable!

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Squibbles posted:

+$10 for the movie pack so I can get AMC for breaking bad
+$10 for the sports pack so I can watch the canucks

I think you can get HD plus for $16 instead and get all those channels and more.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Probably going to upgrade to Broadband 50 later this week. Docsis 3.0 here I come!

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

less than three posted:

gently caress dealing with Shaw.

My family's had them ever since they were out here (1994) and the delivered product is good, as long as you never have to talk to them.

Telus has really caught up now though in product and price and we can get the same thing there for $20 cheaper. (Plus the neat things such as PVR anywhere and call display on TV.)

I call Shaw to see if they can make a comparable package (their website plan personaliser says this should be the case) or else would leave.

Estimated wait time: Over 2 hours. :suicide:

Now I'm leaning towards just switching even if they'll match the offer because it's always atrocious trying to get in contact with Shaw over the phone.

In my experience Shaw actually has very good customer service -- you can also use their online chat feature, and the wait times are really good for that (usually waiting about 5 minutes or less).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Sprawl posted:

Well if that study looked at like the lower mainland only of bc i would say its accurate.

(where Rogers doesn't even offer internet services)