Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuQl8T6ZHmE

Preview for another iOS app that runs 4.2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

japtor posted:

This app came out recently, yesterday I think, $20.

I bought it.

So far it's a fun app to play with. Very simple to use, seems fairly polished, and has the standard iPod interface when it comes to music selection (which I like personally). The beat syncing tool is mostly on point when you have songs of similar BPM, but once you start foraying into larger voids it obviously doesn't work as well. What's nice is that the app also has bump buttons and pitch faders on the decks to help out if the app itself doesn't get the sync right. Latency also seems okay to me in terms of virtual vinyl manipulation, or at least better than I expected. The cons are you need a splitter for the headphone jack to actually use the pre-cue feature it has. I guess that just requires a trip to radioshack, although I'm sure Apple sells it at their stores for a super inflated price. What they did not program in or whatever is to take advantage of using the iPod connector to RCA input dongle to pump audio and then use the headphones as your cue. I think that would have made this my favorite app to date if it did that. I need to find the dev's email address or something and ask him to maybe think about including that in a future update.

Now for 20 dollars? Meh. The fact that you kinda need a splitter to actually do something halfway serious on it makes it a pricey event; Just dropping twenty bucks on it to fool around with seems like a bit much. This is definitely an app to grab if/when it goes on sale.

• Locked thread