Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
Those look amazing. I'm only sporting an iPod touch myself... Which among those would work for me?

Edit: whoops, I guess you already labeled them with that info.

One app I love is Flare, which is a scratching app. Since I don't (yet) have Technics to scratch with, I've found this can make for a pretty impressive facsimile, given the platform. Here's a quick example I made:

http://www.electric-bungalow.com/Flare Example.mp3

Shovelbearer fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

FLX posted:

I'd try ReBirth. Here's a video of it on the iPhone/iPod. It looks just like on the iPad, just with panning and zooming around.

Yeah, I'll almost definitely get that, if nothing else, for nostalgia. Rebirth was the software that got me into making synth-oriented music in the first place.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
OP has the link to beatmaker's site where the link to touchAble's should be.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

iPad as a convenient portable second screen working (with Ableton in this case) with the Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop app and Windows 8. Very little lag, can easily control a knob or fader by the touchpad but I think it's most useful just as a reference. If only it responded to multiple touch spots at once.

• Locked thread