Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So as someone with little to no 3D modeling experience, how much would I have to learn to be able to print something worth a drat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

^^^^^
Hey, pretty awesome. I kind of want to wait a little bit to see what reviews say about it though, especially if Sketchup is as accessible as I've been led to believe.

snackmar posted:

Well, there are tons of things to print over at Thingiverse - what did you want to design? There's a list of 3D modeling tutorials over at the MakerBot Wiki. For free tools, Google SketchUp has a relatively quick idea-to-object workflow.. Especially if you're not already familiar with another tool's UI.

Since I'm trying to start getting into hobby electronics, I was hoping I'd be able to use one of these machines / sites to make a chassis for whatever I wind up making. It's got me all excited!

My wife does pastry stuff too, so she'd probably flip over being able to use that one that lets you print chocolate models.

raditts fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 22, 2010