Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Greenplastic posted:

The directors don't direct the actors on the office? I guess maybe the actors are so in tune with their characters and know the tone of the show so well they don't need it?

As I understand it, there's a fundamental difference between a television director and a film director. While a film director is basically handling the entire scene (with someone as his field marshal), a television director basically gets his shot list completed, since the producer (or, like Star Trek, co-producer Bob Justman) runs the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Steadiman, are you at all familiar with the Red Epic? I only ask because apparently Peter Jackson will be shooting the two Hobbit movies on them, and has ordered thirty of them for the production. Is the Epic just a different kind of hardware on the same heavy rig?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The other thinking was that not only was Webb a hot commodity, but this being his first big studio feature, he'd be a lot easier for Sony to control, rather than dealing with Sam Raimi stomping all over the place.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bows1 posted:

:( Harsh

When NBC canceled Law & Order Vanilla, I'm pretty sure every struggling off-Broadway actor screamed "gently caress!" in unison.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jurassic World was pretty well received by critics, actually.

• Locked thread