Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sursumdeorsum
Jan 10, 2010

Kung Fu Jesus posted:

Is everyone a pot head or coke fiend? I'm so cynical that I imagine all these clean-cut images we have of people are completely wrong and they are all actually like Lindsay Lohan, but we just don't hear about it.

I think its probably more like the real world, where everyone puts their best face forward but of course people in Hollywood share all the same vices that the rest of the world does.

Im interested to find out about Michael Bay, and why people dislike him so. People always speak about Michael Bay and James Cameron as if they are tyrannical, but no one can ever give any examples of their behavior. The only real gripe Ive heard was from Kate Winslet whom complained about the cold water during filming Titanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sursumdeorsum
Jan 10, 2010

Darko posted:

He cusses out his PAs on set in front of others, throws tantrums and tirades and bitches about stupid inconsequential stuff. He just acts really juvenile and counterproductive in general with people that are already overworked, tired, and stressed. Thats why stuff like the Christian Bale rant doesn't really phase me; I've seen stuff like that in degrees from directors and actors on set before, although that's not really the norm, either.

Okay, I think I'm starting to get it. Like Madonna in the 80's and 90's, but worse.

Not to go on and on about Hollywood bitchiness but honestly, that Christian Bale audio shocked me. It amazes me how lovely some people can be, and how some treat Money and Fame as a license to look down on the world. Hearing things like this about spoiled stars makes me really appreciate the ones who go out of their way to treat others with respect. It just goes to show, no matter how successful you get, the way you treat people is what ultimately matters, and determines what people take away from their time with you, no matter how fat your paycheck or bright your star is.

sursumdeorsum
Jan 10, 2010
Can someone please fill me on the life of a Hollywood publicist and how hard it is to break into that field? Any info would be appreciated!

• Locked thread