Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
This thread has been a really interesting read.

Does anybody have experience with the film industry in Canada? Or even film schools here? Supposedly the place to be is Vancouver. I'm interested in starting out in the industry but only have some limited media production experience from helping out with Access TV and similar productions. Advice seems to be evenly split between film school being a good idea or a waste of time- I certainly see the value in starting work ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

EnsGDT posted:

I ask myself this question every time I have to wake up at 04:00 for a call time.

It's because having a desk job sucks.

I don't work in the industry (yet) but I've been trying to get involved in some projects. I spent 13 hours of my Saturday as a PA on a music video- hauling furniture/props/sandbags and folding dusty fabrics. And at the end of the day I was part of creating something that didn't exist before. That's cool and it's the kind of satisfaction you don't get at most jobs.

• Locked thread