Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but a group I work with is looking to screen a bunch of Wong Kar-wai films, namely Chungking Express, Fallen Angels, and Happy Together. Would anybody happen to know who has the distribution rights for these films? We've done a bit of research and it seems like the situation is pretty unclear on these films in particular.

We're also in the process of sending out a couple of feelers, but I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer (by PM or here). Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

When do theaters get sneak previews and how is that determined? A while back my local theater had a free screening of Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl pre-release, organized by Fox Searchlight, which I thought was unusual.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

NeuroticErotica posted:

It's in or around markets that the movie will open, and it's about a week or two out to get local word of mouth going.
I'd think that too, but we've had sneak previews of stuff that received very poorly (such as Hot Tub Time Machine 2). Are they just operating under the principle that "no publicity is bad publicity"? p

• Locked thread