Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Yes, they could. Sonic and the likeness of Sonic does not belong to you so you need to get their permission to use it. This is why people in movies ask for beer instead of a brand name and why you can't kill anyone with a coke can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

MeaningOfLife posted:

I just saw this from another website and I want to hear ya'lls opinion on it.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/studio-shame-even-harry-potter-pic-loses-money-because-of-warner-bros-phony-baloney-accounting/

It's basically Warner Bros. was able to cook their accounting ledger for Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix where it made the movie out as losing money with a "defined proceeds" of $167 millions in red. Therefore, they won't need to pay shares of net proceeds to people who has agreed in a stake to the movie.

Seriously, how is this really legal? Is it because it's Hollywood and these big movie studios have money to lawyer up in case someone tries to do anything and they have been able to get away with it for so long?

Getting a share of net profits is known as having monkey points as only a monkey would agree to net. Forrest Gump is still in the red despite making the GDP of some countries.

You should also look up the New Line/Peter Jackson spat when he questioned their accounting practices on erm either the first or second LoTR movie.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

BonoMan posted:

Sound guy.
Sound guy.
Sound guy.

Then for lighting depends on the shoot. And are you buying or renting? Bounce cards and a joker kit works well for small shoots.... And some kinos with diffusion. And a shiny board.

Never stint on your sound. If you do, you find out why you shouldn't.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I just wrapped on a low budget movie - I forgot how you smoke if you are a smoker. Fun times, trying to cram a four week shoot into three weeks (100 of 114 scenes shot), having a location where I seem to have met a paedo, having the director flip out because I was going to report the paedo and, apparently, no-one got the release form signed for the location (Still haven't as far as I know and I've made a report), twelve-hour days, thirteen-hour days, fourteen-hour days, day off canceled as we were behind, avoided all the sugar as much as possible, got corralled to be an extra two minutes before shooting, the worst driver in the world who should have been fired, oh, all of life was played out micro and macro. Last day working despite almost dying to an allergic reaction the night before.

Why do I enjoy this poo poo so much?

• Locked thread