Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Plum the Nth
Oct 16, 2008

Jan 2018: I've been rereading my post history and realized that I can be a moronic bloviating asshole. FWIW, I apologize for most of everything I've ever written on the internet. In future, if I can't say something functional or funny, I won't say anything at all.

angerbot posted:

Being Human didn't need remaking! George will never be the same without Russel Tovey's adorable girlish screaming.

I quite liked Haven, it wasn't the best show ever but it makes a nice trio with Eureka and Warehouse 13. If you liked those shows, chances are you will like Haven.

Awww see, I'm of just the opposite here. I'm interested in seeing a remake of Being Human but that's only becasue I rather like the pilot and haven't had the chance to get on board with the actual series. I liked the cast as it was (and, ya, I know George is the same in both) so I've been worried about seeing the series proper in case I don't like what they made of it.

Merlin, OTOH, I've really enjoyed (note: I have not yet seen he third series, though) and, while I'm totally open to new cool FF on TV and/or reinterpretations of Arthurian legend, I don't really feel the need of a remake here. Especially since Being Human (and Misfits, for that matter) could just as well happen in America with Americans but I'd really like [s]King[/a] Prince Arthur & Merlin to have British accents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Plum the Nth
Oct 16, 2008

Jan 2018: I've been rereading my post history and realized that I can be a moronic bloviating asshole. FWIW, I apologize for most of everything I've ever written on the internet. In future, if I can't say something functional or funny, I won't say anything at all.
/\ Sounds like that third series is going to be a deal breaker. What is it with the Britsh and fart monsters? I've already had my fill of fart monsters from Doctor Who

GreenNight posted:

Legend of the Seeker and Merlin would have made a pretty sweet Friday Fantasy block.

God do I miss Legend of the Seeker. Why are good, bad, serious, cheesy Fantasy Fiction TV shows so rare?