Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
You know this has been bothering me recently. If Ghost Hunters is so scientific and skeptical then why does the TAPS website do a 180 from that and end up claiming that ouiji boards might cause demonic possesion.

spe posted:

Are there any particular standouts in this category that are so bad they are good?
I'm fond of the one that was a LHC scare movie that stared the person who played Deanna Troi from Star Trek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Teek posted:

Ghost Hunters seems to have two sides, the show side where they go more mainstream and play down the wacky paranormal stuff and their website and magazine which caters more towards the fringe stuff.
That kind of irritates me though considering the fact that the openly proclaim that they try and base their investigations on using science.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

Teek posted:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/syfy-developing-series-about-harry-houdini-and-arthur-conan-doyle-solving-mysteries/

I think the Houdini show sounds better in theory, at least being able to possibly explore the occult and magic.
It can either play out like history did which would be really fun or it can be really boring and dumb which is what the article implies. Houdini was always the rationalist and contrary to what that article says Doyle was insane.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 18, 2011