Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

The one where the shark jumped up and took out an airplane was pretty rad.

Someone post the gif of that scene, it's pretty much all you need to see. And yeah it's pretty loving rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bobkatt013 posted:

Speaking of Mega Shark take a look at this http://www.theasylum.cc/product.php?id=180
Make sure you look at the cast.

I knew Urkel would go on to do great things.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Merlin wasn't bad, for all that it was cheesy as all get out and anachronistic as gently caress. I don't say either of those things as negative though - they made the show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

angerbot posted:

I couldn't deal with the third series of Merlin. Someone on the forums put it best as "one week it's Arthurian Legend, the next week The Fart Monster comes to town."

Well yeah, it's British.

All that was left for Merlin was to get all up its own rear end trying to be serious and it would hit all the notes of British period shows.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Teek posted:

Updated the OP with info on Face Off which starts next Wednesday and Alphas which starts this summer. Also updated it to include some info about non-originals airing on the channel.

I'm am extremely disappointed that Face Off isn't a sitcom based on the movie.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Teek posted:

For people who have missed Joe Flanigan of Stargate Atlantis fame, he'll be in a new Syfy picture Saturday evening which got a positive review:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/ferocious-planet-syfy-2011

Oh yeah, totally watching this.

This Land That Time Forgot movie on before it isn't that bad either by Siffy movie standards.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

This is amazing, 15 minutes in the accents are horrendous. John Rhys-Davies bounces from his native british to a horrible southern accent completely at random, several of the others sound like Irish trying to sound American. Oh it's just glorious.

Polaron posted:

I just tuned into this and I'm assuming I haven't missed much: scientists test portal device, trap everyone in an alternate dimension? That about right?

Yeah that seems to be the general premise.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DorianGravy posted:

Weak ending, but a fun movie.

That's basically every Siffy movie that is any good to begin with. And I totally understand it. That's amateur writing's signature - way frontloaded with no idea how to do a good ending. Hell, even big budget major productions do that, like BSG and Lost.

Overall I enjoyed it, because it was enjoyably horrible and it had Colonel Sheppard.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Battle of Los Angeles was made by Asylum though, not Siffy, their entire business model is "make lovely B-movie, name it something dissimilar enough to a feature film not to get sued, release it at the same time, make money off stupid people and grandmas."

See also: Snakes on a Train, Transmorphers, etc.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Chairman Capone posted:

Finally got around to watching Red Faction. It really was surprisingly good, considering it has the double stain of being both a video game movie and a Syfy original movie.

I haven't played Red Faction Armageddon yet, does it actually continue the story from the TV movie?

No.

The game is also really bad. Skip it or rent it if you really really want to see how bland it is.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Oh hey, it's the annual Siffy miniseries? Yeah ok. They're usually at least bad enough to laugh at.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

This Neverland thing really wasn't half bad, all things considered.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

As plot holes on siffy miniseries go, that's really not so bad. Not that you aren't right, but relatively, it's forgivable.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

A show based on an MMO? There's no way that won't be comically horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Chairman Capone posted:

Who watched Treasure Island?

It was weird as hell but I actually did enjoy it. Better than Alice though, I think. I mean, I didn't spend the whole time laughing my rear end off at the search for "a homo" and the Wicked Witch sprouting evil flying monkeys by ripping open her shirt and shaking her boobs.